JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE

JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE
BE CAREFUL!!! GOT A FRIEND WITH ME HAVING THE LUCKY FIN OF A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE! WE CAN BE VERBALLY AGGRESSIVE.

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY
FUSION CUISINE: JESUS, EINSTEIN, and MICKEY MOUSE + INTERNETS (E = mc3) = TAO ~g(ZERO the HERO)d~OG

About Me

My photo
Hearing impaired (tendency to appear dumb, dense, and/or aloof), orthodox atheist (believe faith more harmful than doubt), self depreciating sense of humor (confident/not to be confused with low self esteem), ribald sense of humor (satorical/mocking when sensing Condescension), confirmed bachelor (my fate if not my choosing), freakish inclination (unpredictable non-traditionalist opinions), free spirit (nor conformist bohemian) Believe others have said it better...... "Jim! You can be SO SMART, but you can be SO DUMB!" "Jim! You make such a MARTYR of yourself." "He's a nice guy, but...." "You must be from up NORTH!" "You're such a DICK!" "You CRAZY!" "Where the HELL you from?" "Don't QUITE know how to take your personality." My favorite, "You have this... NEED... to be....HONEST!"

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

THE RECONTEXTUALIZATION OF KING SOLOMON: A DRUG INTERVENTION FIASCO

Subject:Re: Your blog
From:Janet Gary (jgary@LearnLink.Emory.Edu)
To:jimedavery@att.net;
Date:Thursday, October 21, 2010 5:45 PM

James Avery <jimedavery@att.net> writes:

1) I can't answer the question you asked about God with "yes" or "no."

2) I suppose you know your yard and blog will either bring you negative response or no response at all, with the exception of your close friends.
3) What kind of response do you expect from me?


Subject:Re: Your blog
From:James Avery (jimedavery@att.net)
To:jgary@LearnLink.Emory.Edu;
Date:Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:57 PM

was not really expecting a response. 
but it was nice of you to do so.
jim ed.

Subject:Re: Your blog
From:James Avery (jimedavery@att.net)
To:jgary@LearnLink.Emory.Edu;
Date:Thursday, October 21, 2010 10:00 PM


after giving it more thought. 
like to add:
"A truly virtuous man would come to the aid of a complete stranger equally as he would a "close friend."
Then again, a truly virtuous man would have no friends."
Not claiming to be anywhere close to virtuous; nor is my intent making friends. 
"Doing the right thing for the wrong reason has no morale worth."
Negative response not always a bad thing.  Where would Christians be without Jesus Cruxifixion.
Would call that a "negative response"  to his message.
Truly, I have nothing against the man.  Stripped of all the divinity stuff,  nothing really unique about his teachings.
Subject:Re: Your blog
From:Janet Gary (jgary@LearnLink.Emory.Edu)
To:jimedavery@att.net;
Date:Friday, October 22, 2010 4:50 AM


Confirmation or rebuttal is futile to one who asks for none.

Subject:Re: Your blog
From:James Avery (jimedavery@att.net)
To:jgary@LearnLink.Emory.Edu;
Date:Friday, October 22, 2010 4:24 PM

"There is a need to maintain a kind of balance of intellectual power. If no atheist philosophers engaged with the issue of God's existence, then the field would be left to the believers. We would then have the impression that only the religious deal with these issues with intelligence and sophistication. That would give succour to the legions of believers who have no interest in theology, but like to know others are taking care of it for them. We need books like this, therefore, not to win the battle–-for it can't be won-–but simply to show the enemy isn't off the hook."
The word "enemy" bit strong of a word.   I do not consider people of faith my enemy; nor do I believe it was "Muslim who killed us on 9/11,"  as O'Reilly said it on much talked about episode of  The View.
From a homosexual's point of view, the Bible or the Quran, same as "six and half a dozen."
If right is right, and wrong is wrong; then anything not quite right nor completely wrong has to fall somewhere in between.  Believe most would agree a non-believer, who's also a homosexual, automatically gets placed the closest to wrong. But where does one view themselves on that line in relation with people like Rev. Phelps, Bishop Long, Brother Ted?  Oh what  the hell; let's put The Cheney Family on there, as well?
The only way I can relate to this question is the fact, that out of three children, two sons who were hearing impaired that did not have a good relationship with, much respect for their father; the daughter, in every sense normal, who right up to his death, despite his seeming indifferent,  wanted her father proud, always seeking his approval.
Probably should add, my brother , 5 years older than me,  an alcoholic who until very recently, lived at home.
Yet in the end, in the Will,  everything was split evenly three ways.  And my sister gave him 2 granddaughters as well.
Whatever it was in the beginning.......it's neutral. 
No one is going anywhere without anybody.
Simply Jim
***
William Blake's
The Judgement of Solomon


***


"Mother.  
Am I correct believing you to have spoken with Janet?"




"Yes I have. Him too!
She had nothing but nice things to say about you.  Was not impressed with him."













Subject:Re:
From:Janet Gary (jgary@LearnLink.Emory.Edu)
To:jimedavery@att.net;
Date:Saturday, January 30, 2010 9:33 AM


Jim Ed, you honor me to share yourself and your writing in this way.  I feel a bit daunted by your trust in me.  We really don't know each other that well. Salty language doesn't bother me in the least. I'm sorry you are feeling depressed.  I have experienced that a lot of my life, but am better thanks to some good meds and good therapy!  I have learned to accept myself more, "fleas and all."

I have read your blogs and found them quite interesting, a bit diaturbing, and mysterious.  At the risk of being one of those "fools (who) rush in where angels fear to tread" I am going to respond to several parts of your writing, blog by blog.

1) Barrell of Monkeys: "Genesis" in reverse"

I'm not sure I understand this one completely except  maybe to say the humans can evolve in reverse as well as forward from our ape beginnings  Just my humble opinion!

You gave an example of how painful it is to share yourself with people at work who don't share your political views.  The question is, does it really change anyone's mind when people have such opposite views?  Isn't there something in the Bible about not casting one's pearls among swine?

It has been my experience that some people can hear my deepest musings and others cannot.  I try to be selective, but I often find my mouth preceding my head!  That does not usually turn out well.  Only when I find someone who is open to differences can I really hear and be heard.

2) Pale Blue Dot

Carl Sagan is a wise man.

3) An Innocence lost.

Is that culte little boy you?  

We mothers have to be taught by our sons and daughters who they really are, since we often see our children as projections of ourselves and try to make them into who we wish we could be.  This is not fair to either one.  I am trying now to really show my grown  children who I am and get to know who they really are.  It is a daunting task, but very rewarding!

4) "H" is for.....

In the alphabet, G comes before H--

Gratitude
Goodness
Giving
Growing
GOD

...and F comes before G

Forgiving (oneself and others)  

HUMILITY is, indeed hard to come by.


POSTNOTE:

It is my belief that although each of us is unique--different from anyone else in the world--we are, as human beings, more alike that different--we all bleed, cry, laugh, hate, love, and need other people to hear and understand us.  It is my life-long mission to try to see myself and others as God the Creator intended us to be, to judge less and to love more.  I fall short more than not, but maintain hope.

Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment