JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE

JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE
BE CAREFUL!!! GOT A FRIEND WITH ME HAVING THE LUCKY FIN OF A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE! WE CAN BE VERBALLY AGGRESSIVE.

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY
FUSION CUISINE: JESUS, EINSTEIN, and MICKEY MOUSE + INTERNETS (E = mc3) = TAO ~g(ZERO the HERO)d~OG

About Me

My photo
Hearing impaired (tendency to appear dumb, dense, and/or aloof), orthodox atheist (believe faith more harmful than doubt), self depreciating sense of humor (confident/not to be confused with low self esteem), ribald sense of humor (satorical/mocking when sensing Condescension), confirmed bachelor (my fate if not my choosing), freakish inclination (unpredictable non-traditionalist opinions), free spirit (nor conformist bohemian) Believe others have said it better...... "Jim! You can be SO SMART, but you can be SO DUMB!" "Jim! You make such a MARTYR of yourself." "He's a nice guy, but...." "You must be from up NORTH!" "You're such a DICK!" "You CRAZY!" "Where the HELL you from?" "Don't QUITE know how to take your personality." My favorite, "You have this... NEED... to be....HONEST!"

Monday, May 2, 2016

Inappropriate Signage at Mason Mill Residence (continued)














































































































Picture of James Avery
1

Subject:Tragic/Balanced Vision of Humankind?
From:James Avery (jeaverydvm87@att.net)
To:alicer@glennumc.org; cholloway@stmarakumc.org; david@showmethishouse.com; JAArms@alo.com; Maryp@glennumc.org; blairs@glennumc.org; bethlp@stmarkumc.org; jturlington@stmarkumc.org; jmcbray@gmail.com; josha@glennumc.org; jnoblitt@stmarkumc.org; KSHORT@GLENNUMC.ORG; ksorrells@stmarkumc.org; spinson@glennumc.org; SLOGEMAN@GLENNUMC.ORG; SMCCARY@GLENNUMC.ORG;
Date:Wednesday, April 20, 2016 2:37 PM



David MarierJim, I spoke with Rev. LaRocca Pitts and she believes the conversation between the two of you is complete. Also, we drove by on Sunday and saw many signs up. I thought you had agreed to keep the amount to the code enforcement limit of 4? I'll defend your right to put the signs out, but if you exceed the limit....

James AveryDon't remember agreeing to anything; just informing you that I could be fined $1000.00 over four signs. I do remember telling you that if I don't get fined over four signs this time around, that I would be going downtown Decatur and filing another complaint against myself. And sure enough, as I was getting ready to put even more signs out in my yard than had been in my yard all morning, Code Enforcers drove right by me while five signs in my yard. There's nothing to defend about my rights having four signs in my yard...DAVID! As far as our Rev. Dr. Beth LaRocca Pitts... The real truth is that my conversations with members of St. Mark UMC were never complete conversations. Not even close. And...THIS...is what our Rev. Dr. Beth being paid $90,000.00 salary plus $24,000.00 housing allowance to do. The greater the secrets needing kept, the greater the salary able demanding. I've already accused her of "INDIFFERENCE" directly to her face the second time she declined a meeting with me; the same evening I later told Rev. Josh Noblitt that she was nothing but a "Catholic Fag Hag." "SHE's METHODIST NOW!!!" ~(St. Mark's Minister of Social Justice Meths Addition)~ Get rid of her. She's just another fish bowl jumper. Apparently you heard nothing I said that day.
James AveryAnother option would be for St. Mark having this letter informing me of criminal trespassing withdrawn so I can complete these unfinished conversations...in person. Certainly would reduce the number of signs...WANTING...PUTTING...IN...MY...FRONT...YARD...HAVEN'T...MADE...YET... such as ...NOBLITT DISTRICT 59..?

David MarierWhen Leigh and I were at your house, you had 5 signs up. You agreed to that limit as not to be fined. There seems to be a difficulty communicating. I've tried my best to be a good neighbor, I thought you were going to make at least an effort. Apparently, I was wrong.

James AveryI think we have a communication problem as to what defines a "good" neighbor. The neighborhood I like envisioning myself living in extends halfway around the world all four directions to the the same point in the "Indian" Ocean. Everyone needs a church...LET'S CARPOOL!

James AveryThat's a $1000.00 for each sign over four signs. Where would this money be going instead if I put it in one of St. Mark's offering plates. So far I haven't put any in their offering plates but I have put money in the baskets St. Mark has out along with their communions after everyone else is done with their bread and wine (and whatever shit it is Rev. Noblitt is doing off to the side with some members from his congregation) after having confirmed, once, with Don Clarke (you don't won't to get me started on him) that 100% of this money went to feeding the homeless one Sunday Worship service; another time with Rev. Jill that 100% of this money was going to The Chris Home for Children. But here's the odd thing about the second time I gave money during one of St. Mark's Sunday worship service. After confirming with Rev. Jill that 100% of this money would be going to Chris Home for Children, none of it to St. Mark's expenses, they had already taken up the baskets and disappeared with the money. So I tried offering the $60.00 to Rev. Jill. She wouldn't accept it. Instead, she motioned for me to give it to St. Mark's organist, Susan Wilson, who had no problem accepting the money from me. Susan Wilson! St. Mark's $70,000.00 organist! An expense! The same as Rev. Josh Noblitt's $30,000.00 expense! Jill's $30,000.00 expense! Plus more, right now I'm thinking $20,000.00, for children in general under expenses. St. Mark's 80% mostly white gay males spends more on their organist than they do on it's children's ministry. If that doesn't tell you something is wrong, I don't know what will? Are you getting any of this money working with St. Mark's children? I used to be blissfully okay with a percentage of my property taxes going to the schooling of our community's children; public schooling that is!

James AveryThere is absolutely no wrong in me being...a nuisance...as you put it in one of your defenses of me as a good neighbor of mine.
James AveryMaybe I should begin calling everyday reporting St. Mark UMC being in violations of Methodist by-laws times two ---Rev. Noblitt and Rev. Kim? You're such a hypocrite.




Inappropriate Signage at Mason Mill Residence (continued)10h ago

James Avery from Mason Mill
Photo from James Avery
Since Mary Hinkel closed the discussion about appropriateness of the signage my property 1840 Mason Mill Road, on top of failing to include me in on this discussion, I'm going to attempt picking up where we left off with a tread started by me this time. Not that I'm expecting many of you, if any at all, participating in this discussion. Or even that our congeniality bias loaded leads will even allow me the opportunity defending myself against all the perniciousness and prevarications I had yet to call out.

Now...
borrowing Patrick Noonan's words:

"Some History"

"Engineers developed the best plan they could for the tricky terrain. House by house signatures overwhelmingly ratified the plan. Speeds and accidents dropped. It became safer to pull in and out, and to walk the sidewalks."
~(Patrick Noonan)~


********


From: Noonan, Patrick S.
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:40 AM
To: Lorena, Barbara

Subject: RE: Code violations at 1840 Mason Mill Road

As Immediate Past President of the Mason Mill Civic Association, and as a 14-year resident of that neighborhood, I want to weigh in with my solid support for what John has said in his note to you.

We have tolerated this situation for a long time, and our association does not take lightly the issue of infringing upon neighbors' rights to free expression and free speech. However, as these expressions have become steadily and increasingly offensive and intrusive to others' equally-important rights, and as evidence mounts that the resident in question has become a potential danger for hurtful actions and not just hurtful speech, we must insist that the County take steps necessary to right the situation.

I ask you to please expedite the appropriate actions to end the most visible affronts to the neighborhood, and to ensure the safety and well-being of the people of the County by addressing the competence of and risks posed by the neighbor in question.

Thank you most sincerely for your urgent attention to this matter.

Patrick S. Noonan, PhD
Professor in the Practice of Decision & Info. Analysis
Associate Dean, Management Practice Initiatives
Goizueta Business School, Emory University



********


From: Bugge, John M
Sent: Thursday, October 18,20129:23 AM
To: Lorena, Barbara

Subject: Code violations at 1840 Mason Mill Road

Dear Ms. Lorena,

I am writing as the President of the Mason Mill Civic Association, whose membership is made up of residents who live on, or on streets adjoining, Mason Mill Road in DeKalb County. Our hundreds of members are essentially unanimous in hoping that something can be done about the deplorable situation at 1840 Mason Mill Road, a property where the owner has filled his front yard with huge inflatable balloon characters, hung tasteless and offensive signs from large trees, and erected crosses with toy monkeys hung in nooses from the horizontal members.

This ongoing display -- it only seems to get more flagrant as time goes on -- is a clear safety hazard for motorists passing along Mason Mill, as many drivers will come to an abrupt halt in front of the property to look at the weird figures and signs. Drivers following behind down the steep hill at this point are in danger of rear-ending the stopped cars.

Of even more concern to our civic association, the bizarre display at 1840 Mason Mill has made the immediate area less attractive to prospective home buyers and renters. The elderly couple directly across the street (at 1841 Mason Mill) have moved to a retirement home, but still cannot sell or rent their house because whenever people come to look at their property they cannot fail to see what is just across the road. And they have invariably said that, no thanks, they wanted no part of what they saw there.

The owner of the property, Mr. James Edward Avery, should at the very least be legally enjoined from continuing with these displays, and immediately.

More important, perhaps, he should be required to submit to psychological or psychiatric therapy. There is ample evidence, which I won't go into here, that he is severely mentally disturbed and (apparently by his own admission before a DeKalb County judge) a user of illegal drugs. His internet blog, which is available for anyone to read, contains disturbing suggestions about his possibly violent intentions toward his neighbors and the community at large. And his behavior to some of those same neighbors has seemed at times borderline psychotic.

It is the duty of the County government to take action in this case for the common good, and before the situation escalates.

Yours sincerely,
John Bugge
Professor Emeritus of English


*******

BALANCED VS TRAGIC VISION OF HUMANKIND

There is a fragile line between raw emotional intelligence and emotional competency. One kind of plays with an invisible fire, where the rules are rewritten by forces of education, tradition and vulnerability inside the wires of the brain cells, mirror neuron mind and its neuroscience factors.

What can one believe...
in the end...
is that we are in a body with limitation and in a mind with huge capacities but with powerful black holes.

And...
one can...
think...
about working with the flow of the river of the snap social decisions and the personal myths and fictions one constructs through the elements of culture, education and each own physical bodies.

Same thing said a different way...
“believes in the existence of inherent limitations and flaws in the way we think and act and requires an acknowledgement of this fact as a basis for any individual and collective action.”

********

"Engineers developed the best plan they could for the tricky terrain. House by house signatures overwhelmingly ratified the plan. Speeds and accidents dropped. It became safer to pull in and out, and to walk the sidewalks."
~(Patrick Noonan)~

I was one of the signatures.

Not because I wanted them.

But because I knew others needed them.

Now it's your turn telling me why should I even bother?

Such a waste of our times.
lauren thanked you
Picture of Cici Coffee
Cici Coffee from Mason Mill10h ago

Hmm, a good book comes to mind....Nonviolent Communication 2nd addition, by Marshall B. Rosenberg, PhD
You, lauren, and Paul thanked Cici
Picture of Lauren Paine
Lauren Paine from Clairmont Heights9h ago

OMG, give it a rest! Muting this whole mess.
You, Meghanlauren, and 1 other thanked Lauren
Picture of Robert Miller
Robert Miller from Medlock Park8h ago

Say What ????
You and lauren thanked Robert
Matt Ward has no photo
Matt Ward from Herbert Taylor Park8h ago

Wow. As a non American I must say I find this thread quite amusing. The reasons offered by John Bugge for limiting a lawful resident's free speech on his private property just don't gold water IMHO. Calling it a "safety hazard" is a stretch to say to least. If we are going to apply that logic, we should probably build fences around some of our most beautiful landmarks. And while we're at it lets tell Baton Bob he can't parade down the street any more wearing leotards. The second argument, regarding house prices, is what it's really all about. I really don't understand the American psyche about their home prices but I am pretty sure that no one promised you that your house price will raise and you should have no expectation that it will. Your belief in your right to a certain property value does not trump someone's right to free speech. As for the elderly couple acrosss the street, if they can't sell the house it's because they are asking for more than market value. Period.
You, lauren, and David thanked Matt
Picture of Kristen Hampton
Kristen Hampton from Druid Hills6h ago

Dude's off his meds.
You and lauren thanked Kristen
Picture of Steiph Zargon
Steiph Zargon from Medlock Park6h ago

Yo Maty,

I couldn't agree with you more!!!

I'm also a great supporter of James and his Constitutional Right to FREE SPEECH and I whole heartedly support the Constitution as it was written and the
 common sense it represents.

I don't claim to understand James' reasons for doing what he is doing, but I support his right to voice his opinion and would be willing to fight to defend his right to do it. As a matter of fact, I did proudly serve my country to defend the constitution and ALL the citizens of our great country, probably unlike most of the participants of these forums. USN 1967-1969 Go NAVY!!!

It is so sad to see so much liberal censorship going on here and everywhere in our society these days.

Signs of the times I guess.

"Can't you read the signs?!!!..... Do THIS! Don't Do That!"... can't YOU read the signs?
You, lauren, and Matt thanked Steiph
Picture of David Marier
David Marier from Mason Mill5h ago

I agree with Matt and Steiph regarding the Constitution and freedom of expression. However, I was brought to my attention that the county does have an ordinance about how many signs you can display. Jim Ed knows the limit is 4. Any time I see more than 4 signs on display, I'm on my phone to code enforcement. I'm all for free speech, but after a lengthy talk with Jim Ed where he admitted the limit was 4, he has lost my trust. USAF 1979-1985 Go Air Force!!!:-)
You and lauren thanked David
Matt Ward has no photo
Matt Ward from Herbert Taylor Park5h ago

Fair enough David. I had no idea that the local government would think to try to limit the number of signs. One should always
be careful what one wishes for though - next time you drive by there might be just 4 really really big signs 😀
You and lauren thanked Matt
Picture of James Avery
James Avery from Mason MillJust now

Thank you Matt and Steiph and David for being supporters of our 1st amendment rights to freedom of speech/freedom of expression.

First to David:

 Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it during our lengthy talk that you learned from me that the county has a limit of four signs allowed on residential property? Also, wasn't it during this same talk, that I'd informed you of our Green Laws allowing only five trees cut down per year? During this talk, wasn't it me who told you that I'd learned from the county, when placing my first complaint, that MY next door neighbors had already approached the county and received permission removing fourteen trees (five for December plus five for January plus four others without giving me any reasons why these last four could not have been included withing the first ten) from this property (now almost completely cleared of all it's original trees) backing up to my property? Wasn't it during this same lengthy talk that I'd told you of having place a second complaint with the county that our (MY) new neighbors had gone beyond fourteen trees and still cutting down more? During this lengthy talk, did I not also inform you how the county had been totally dismissive of my second complaint; how so easily my second complaint had been dismissed by the county after the other neighbors of ours living up and down Vistavia had given up complaining to the county and to the new owners of this property leaving me the only one left to be concerned about the remaining trees still yet to be cut down with all of them now just between me and our (MY) new neighbors? ( And since our lengthy talk, I'm now just learning of our (MY) new neighbors now having this so called "Hollywood House" on the market described as an "urban oasis") Wasn't it also from me, again, during this lengthy talk, that I'd informed you of our new (MY) neighbors not stopping until they had cut down a total of twenty-four trees? From me again, how the foreman overseeing his crew cutting down these tree then got into a bobcat himself and drove it up against a remaining tree left along the back edge of our new neighbors property and spinning the treads out on his bobcat? Backing the bobcat up against another trees, and spinning the treads out again? Over and over again until he had done spun the treads of his bobcat at the base of every remaining trees still standing? How Mr. Charles W. Bliss and his partner Bobby B. Rasulnia continued cutting down trees after moving into their new house? How the top half of three different trees, so far, three different storms had broken off onto my property damaging more trees as well as how one of these three trees fell onto my house crashing master bedroom ceiling down onto my bed? How this will continue to be a concern of mine with every storm blowing through our neighborhood?


EVERYONE NEEDS A CHURCH: LET'S CARPOOL!

And we had talked at length this same talk about my brief involvement with your "THE GAY ONE" St. Mark UMC. This church to which you belong, located downtown Atlanta, which I've only seen you there...once...as we were leaving. Don't hold me to this, but I'm pretty sure I was leaving early; having decided to skip Sunday Worship service that morning?

"Why believe in God? This was a question Brother Walthal had asked of us children while growing up with The First United Methodist Church my hometown of Prescott, Arkansas. Believe this is a question fair of me asking you?"
~(Simply Jim)~

"I need some time to think about my answer to this question?"
~(Rev. Dr. Mark LaRocca Pitts: The Senior Pastor's Husband)~

Faith Seekers Class

The hallmarks of this group are in-depth Bible study led by group members and invited guests, quarterly parties and mission projects, and hearty discussions seeking a fresh interpretation of Scripture from both a theological and historical perspective. Room 205


Not once did I see you while participating with the Faith Seekers Class? And I even asked of Rev. Dr. Beth, five weeks later at the end of her last bible study 101 class (Not once did I see you participating this class either?) for the fall at the same time thanking her for allowing me sitting in with them, reminding her husband Rev. Dr. Mark that there was a question asked of him still waiting for an answer?

"Is it possible for us meeting elsewhere for a discussion about a few concerns of mine?"
~(Simply Jim)~

"Yeah. Sure."
~(Jon Woody: Presentation 
About 
S.C.'s Confederate Flag titled "We're All God's Children")~

"Pretend we're in a gym. The doors slam shut. The place catches on fire. You're Pollyanna. I'm Carrie. And let's see if you're able talking yourself out of this fire. This sound like something you be willing to try discussing?"
~(Simply Jim)~

"Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Sure!"
~(Jon Woody: 


Corrected Presentation 
"We're All God's Children Minus Nine!)~


Interaction Class

Combining the former Couples group with the Sunday Breakfast group, Interactions is composed of traditional and non-traditional couples and singles. This group focuses on committed relationships and long-term growth and encourages discussion based on contemporary issues of faith and values. A warm and supportive fellowship is encouraged by weekly sharing of devotionals, occasional social activities and retreats. For more information visit the Interactions website. Room 206


Not once did I see you while participating with the much larger Interaction Class? But you were the one during this lengthy talk of ours, almost with pride, informing me of being the one personally having handed to the female security guard confronting me the following Sunday as I showed up for another bible study with St. Mark's Interaction Class, this letter from your Rev? Dr? Beth now informing of criminal trespassing form that point forward

"With women worldwide still owning less than one percent of private property, there is some justification for being against same sex marriages; someone has to take care of our women."
~(Simply Jim)~

"OH! IT"S ALL ABOUT POWER!!!!!"
~(Pam Buzzbee: Female Member of St. Mark UMC)~

And this is the same woman, who earlier during your Rev? Dr? Beth's reading of the Book of Jonah, volunteers: 


"There's no profit in being a prophet."

To which everyone laughs except me.

Certainly not very tolerant of free speech within the walls of your TGO (80% - mostly white males) St. Mark UMC either apparently. "Jim Ed was being a nuisance" seems I recall your attempt at defending my constitutional rights to freedom of speech/freedom of expression as your example of being a good neighbor or ours?

"I'm all for free speech, but after a lengthy talk with Jim Ed where he admitted the limit was 4, he has lost my trust."
~(David)~

Obviously I needing to be more careful with whom I practice my free speech with...DAVID!

Now to you Matt:

Try getting all this on a total of four signs; each sign no bigger than six square feet at most. That's the county's limit on the size of our signs allowed on residential properties as well.

Back to you David:

May I suggest you reading the Book of Jonah. Only this time the Bible's version; not the storybook telling version. As it only four pages long, shouldn't take more than...two...days maybe?






James AveryThere is absolutely no wrong in me being...a nuisance...as you put it in one of your defenses of me as a good neighbor of mine.
James AveryMaybe I should begin calling everyday reporting St. Mark UMC being in violations of Methodist by-laws times two ---Rev. Noblitt and Rev. Kim? You're such a hypocrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment