JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE

JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE
BE CAREFUL!!! GOT A FRIEND WITH ME HAVING THE LUCKY FIN OF A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE! WE CAN BE VERBALLY AGGRESSIVE.

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY
FUSION CUISINE: JESUS, EINSTEIN, and MICKEY MOUSE + INTERNETS (E = mc3) = TAO ~g(ZERO the HERO)d~OG

About Me

My photo
Hearing impaired (tendency to appear dumb, dense, and/or aloof), orthodox atheist (believe faith more harmful than doubt), self depreciating sense of humor (confident/not to be confused with low self esteem), ribald sense of humor (satorical/mocking when sensing Condescension), confirmed bachelor (my fate if not my choosing), freakish inclination (unpredictable non-traditionalist opinions), free spirit (nor conformist bohemian) Believe others have said it better...... "Jim! You can be SO SMART, but you can be SO DUMB!" "Jim! You make such a MARTYR of yourself." "He's a nice guy, but...." "You must be from up NORTH!" "You're such a DICK!" "You CRAZY!" "Where the HELL you from?" "Don't QUITE know how to take your personality." My favorite, "You have this... NEED... to be....HONEST!"

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

DID HE SMILE HIS WORK TO SEE: IN RESPONSE TO YOUR NOTE :DID HE WHO MADE THE LAMB MAKE THEE

Subject: In response to your note
From: Beth LaRocca-Pitts (bethlp@stmarkumc.org)
To: jeaverydvm87@att.net;
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Monday, September 29, 2014 3:01 PM







Hi James. 

In response to your note here is my remembrance in writing of are the things I said when we talked on the phone:

"BACK UP! BACK UP! BACK UP!  
YOU SAID 
'SEEK HELP FOR MY CRYSTAL METHS ADDICTION!' 
 DON'T YOU OFFER IT THERE?"
~(Simply Jim)~

"Yes! We do have GROUPS that meet "such and such dates" here at St. Mark!"
~(Rev. Dr. Beth)~

"But I'm...NOT...anonymous."
~(Simply Jim)~

"NEITHER...ARE...THEY...REALLY!"
~(Rev. Dr. Beth)~


1. I referred you to the Crystal Meths Support group here at Saint Mark UMC which meets Tuesday evening at 7pm and Saturday morning at 10pm.

"Hello."
~(Simply Jim)~

"This is Rev. Dr. Beth from St. Mark.  Deanna said you requested I call you."
~(Rev. Dr. Beth)~

"I did give her my phone number when she requested it; but I was actually expecting an email.  But this is okay.  Just be aware I have a hearing impairment and don't do as well over the phone."
~(Simply Jim)~

"I'm sorry, but I won't be able to help you."
~(Rev. Dr. Beth)~

"Yes you can help me.  You are just choosing not to help me.  
That's 'LOVE STRONGER THAN JUSTICE'."
~(Simply Jim)~

2. I declined your request to meet with me and two witnesses from the congregation to discuss your issues.

This is the point where she goes on 
"VAGINA MONOLOGUE RANT".  

Everything she threw at me over the phone, from this point on, were all information I volunteered with Deanna their business manager and Rev. Jennifer  in person the day before; having stopped by with hard copies of emails weren't sure Beth receiving or ignoring.  

Deanna even laughed when I told her she was the neck of this church, a five headed hydra.  Deanna even told me, when asked, her loyalties were to the members of this church instead of  Methodist organization overall; 
or 
maybe it was the homeless considering the way she answered.

They were being fed as me, Deanna, and briefly toward the end, even Rev. Jennifer joining in our conversation.

"Right now I need a support group waiting for we when coming off the crystal meths.  Just pretend you are my sister, aunt, niece, whatever!  I'm not saying you have to like me.  Fake it if you have to.  I'll understand.  As many as I can find.  I'll take anything at this point.  But I'm still radical atheist."
~(Simply Jim)~

Deanna was fine.

"Just call it negative theology."
~(Simply Jim)~

Then turning to Rev. Jennifer,

"Did you know that minus flesh equals..."
~(Simply Jim)~

 But the second I started talking about my understanding of the bible; Rev. Jennifer abruptly cuts me off with an excuse, I didn't hear, and leaves.

"Did you see how nervous she just became and fled?  
They...ALL...do...THAT!"
~(Simply Jim)~

"(trying to contain a laugh as she smiles while slightly looking over my shoulder in the directions Jennifer flees)"
~(Deanna the Neck of  St. Mark Five Headed Hydra)~

I had every intention Rev. Jennifer hearing this.  I'm just assuming she stopped and turned around in disbelief.

And the smile she returned as I walked by her on my way out, as she was talking with one of the homeless, looked forced.


3. I stated that my reason for declining was that I believed a mental health professional or drug counselor would be better trained and equipped to give you the support you need. I did not feel my expertise as a local pastor would be particularly helpful.

"I'm going to hang up now."
~(Rev. Dr. Beth)~

"Beth...?  Beth...?  Beth!  GOD DAMN IT!"
~(Simply Jim:  HOMOPOLAR GOD DAMN IT!  HOMOPOLAR!)~

I didn't even get a chance explaining to our Rev. Dr. Beth that Bipolar-ism is a medical misnomer; 
that...
the drug she's selling to members of her church is a "learned helplessness" known 
as 
Unipolar Depression.

You bet we will be meeting soon.

I hope this is what you asked for. I trust I will see you soon again when you visit Saint Mark.

Beth LaRocca-Pitts


***
The following dialogue, although taking storytelling liberties here, took place out in the parking lot on a Tuesday night after having finally check out a Crystal Meths Anonymous meeting held at St. Marks. It confirmed what I already knew:  not the place for an atheist like me who refuses to play into the confirmation bias of "those people of faith".  

I can quietly sit out their parts; but not the other way around.  
God is heavily ingrained into the 12-step program;
 learned helplessness again.

"BA - BA - BA - BA - BANANA!
OHHHH!  I DIDN'T NEED TO HEEAAAR THIS!"
~(Simply Jim)~

"Sounds like you are preaching to me.  I don't listen to people who preach to me."
~(Member Fine Arts Ministry)~

"OBVIOUSLY NOT...HERE...EITHER!"
~(Simply Jim)~

Out in the parking lot, not only did I get hit on for drugs, sex in exchange for drugs as well;  by someone who recognized me from my flag dancing days at the Heretic.  

"I didn't come here tonight to help you 
with 
your drug addiction," 
I said to this vague acquaintance, who remembers me, at same time patting him on his chest once for added emphasis.

"THAT FELT GOOD!  
Do it again," 
he says as he expands his chest forwards.

Couldn't believed he actually tried that.

Flag dancers are a loner bunch having the appearance of being an easy prey to others; desperate for attention.

Then I see what looks like another meeting letting out, only this time, better dressed men; recognizing someone from FAITH SEEKER BIBLE STUDY CLASS I had also checked out once.   I tried complaining about the phone conversation just recently had with their pastor with this official representing the FINE ARTS MINISTRY of ST. MARKS as we walked from the classroom ,after it was over, to the sanctuary where Sunday Service was about to begin.  

"Although not using these words, she practically told me,
'GO FUCK MYSELF," 
I said just before he slipped into the sanctuary itself.

"Oh I didn't need to hear this," 
he says.

"Checking out the Baptist today," 
I responded as I vered off  toward those RED DOORS.

"No hurry.  Ask around.  Ask around."

That certainly caused a change in his demeanor.  

It wasn't a threat. 
 I had already planned on attending the service at Clairmont Hills Baptist Church that morning.  My purpose at St. Mark was to check out the Rainbow Class.  Was hoping to find a sympathetic ear there since it sounded more oriented to gay issues.  

No one seemed to know anything about this Rainbow Class.  Joined in on the Faith Seeker class instead that morning.  

They were reading Matthew:  
Jesus confrontation with his "man-MAL", instead of temptation by the devil, the way I re-conceptualize or re-contextualize the lesson to be learned.


Serve on Fine Arts Work Area 
The Fine Arts Ministry of Saint Mark has official representation on the larger Administrative Council and has need of persons to serve in this important and exciting work area. This work area assists with the continuing development of Fine Arts at Saint Mark. If you have interest in providing assistance in this “Think Tank”, or can offer your abilities and expertise in any area of the arts, please let us know 
Time Commitment: Meetings are once per month. 



Banners and Visual Design Saint Mark is well on its way in the establishment of a resource center for the many images, colors, textures, and artistic possibilities and needs that arise out of our worship and gathering together. Persons with design abilities or technical skills in sewing, crafts or the visual arts are welcome. This group leads the design and creation of banners; the design, creation or set up of the altar for festival services; the creation of graphics for worship folders; cover design for publicity materials. We also have the need to organize or catalog our resources or any other visual applications.

Drama Ministry The opportunities within the drama ministry are almost limitless... a major musical AND non-musicalper year, several small scale presentations during worship, seasonal events and services, all which require dozens of personnel on stage and behind the scenes.Whether you wish to be IN the spotlight, OUT of the spotlight, RUNNING the spotlight, SETTING UP the spotlight,OTHERS ready and look great in the spotlight, CLEANING UP once the spotlight is off, creating PUBLICITY about the spotlight, selling TICKETS for people to come to see the spotlight...if you need some ’drama’ in your life - LET US KNOW!

***


Subject: Re: In response to your note
From: James Avery (jeaverydvm87@att.net)
To: bethlp@stmarkumc.org;
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 11:42 PM



"Did I see you leaving St. Mark one Sunday?"
~Me

"I go every Sunday."
~CUMUnion

"Are you religious?"
~Me

"(weird sort of stammering)"
~CUMUnion

"Well answer this question instead; did you start off Methodist?"
~Me

"Noooooo! CATHOLIC!"
~CUMUnion

"This is strange. I just accused your pastor of being nothing but a "Catholic Fag Hag paid to be Methodist Administer to Congregation 80%...ALMOST...Bye Bye Honey NO MORE SEX and the Kids." This is just weird. Oh well. This is not what we here for tonight anyway. Will let you get back to what we where doing."
~Me

It will do for now.


Beth, what about St. Mark would even remain Methodist had they not been able filling it with "faggots"instead? I don't understand that church.

And this was the purpose of meeting wanting with you and two other members first. I'm quite a JELLYFISH having a COLORFUL LANGUAGE.

Please do contact Glenn Memorial UMC and let them know you and Joshua have both been asked by me to join us; however, the sooner I'm able getting this meeting with Josh and Alice is my priority.

I've also dropped off invitations with Clairmont Presbyterian Church Rev. Owen, Clairmont Hills Baptist Church's Rev. Pitts, St. Bartholomew Episcopal Church's The Very Rev. Beverly Elliot, and with Beth Jacob's Synagogue to become interested at least; and hopefully will let me come back with a briefing of this meeting. 

 If it even happens.

I've been patient, now, for four years.

"He comes. He sleeps. He goes. So the plot thickens."
~(C. S. Lewis)~

On Monday, September 29, 2014 3:01 PM, Beth LaRocca-Pitts <bethlp@stmarkumc.org> wrote:


Hi James. 

(note was written on the back/placed on table as Beth was having dinner with new members/ all gay as well as none originally Methodist/Same as Rev. Dr. Beth)

In response to your note here is my remembrance in writing of are the things I said when we talked on the phone:

1. I referred you to the Chrystal Meths Support group here at Saint Mark UMC which meets Tuesday evening at 7pm and Saturday morning at 10pm.

2. I declined your request to meet with me and two witnesses from the congregation to discuss your issues.

3. I stated that my reason for declining was that I believed a mental health professional or drug counselor would be better trained and equipped to give you the support you need. I did not feel my expertise as a local pastor would be particularly helpful.

I hope this is what you asked for. I trust I will see you soon again when you visit Saint Mark.

Beth LaRocca-Pitts

***


 








No comments:

Post a Comment