JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE

JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE
BE CAREFUL!!! GOT A FRIEND WITH ME HAVING THE LUCKY FIN OF A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE! WE CAN BE VERBALLY AGGRESSIVE.

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY
FUSION CUISINE: JESUS, EINSTEIN, and MICKEY MOUSE + INTERNETS (E = mc3) = TAO ~g(ZERO the HERO)d~OG

About Me

My photo
Hearing impaired (tendency to appear dumb, dense, and/or aloof), orthodox atheist (believe faith more harmful than doubt), self depreciating sense of humor (confident/not to be confused with low self esteem), ribald sense of humor (satorical/mocking when sensing Condescension), confirmed bachelor (my fate if not my choosing), freakish inclination (unpredictable non-traditionalist opinions), free spirit (nor conformist bohemian) Believe others have said it better...... "Jim! You can be SO SMART, but you can be SO DUMB!" "Jim! You make such a MARTYR of yourself." "He's a nice guy, but...." "You must be from up NORTH!" "You're such a DICK!" "You CRAZY!" "Where the HELL you from?" "Don't QUITE know how to take your personality." My favorite, "You have this... NEED... to be....HONEST!"

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Prison Ministry: THREE DAY "SHORT COURSE IN CHRISTIANITY" INSIDE A PRISON :Kairos Inside



Kairos History

http://kpmifoundation.org/index.php

The first three day “short course in Christianity” inside a prison was held at Union Correctional Institution at Raiford, Florida in the fall of 1976. It was called Cursillo in Prison. By 1978, six states were presenting a Cursillo short course in prisons. The national Cursillo office determined these Cursillo in Prison ministries should be supervised by a central authority and that their format be modified to more closely align with inmate needs. Cursillo asked the Florida group to design such a program. Nine volunteers, today affectionately referred to as the “nine old men,” redesigned the program and renamed it “Kairos,” which is Greek for Godʼs Special Time. The first” Kairos” weekend was presented in 1979. Following that first weekend, the Cursillo office directed other areas doing Cursillo in Prison to stop using the Cursillo name and join Kairos.

This Program is Now Called Kairos Inside.

K e n

I would undoubtedly still be locked up in prison today except for Kairos. I would still be serving out my 99-year sentence. I owe my freedom to Kairos and it is an understatement to say, “I love Kairos.” (During) my weekend (God) gave me hope and began a process that would eventually set me free inside the fences. And I believe I hit the streets sooner because of my Kairos Weekend and the Christian lifestyle it started. I recently visited two inmates who agreed with me. They were also serving lifetime sentences. They told me through tear-filled eyes that their Kairos weekend was the most important weekend of their lives—it started a process, a change and a faith that ultimately set them free from prison.


God used Kairos to transform the lives of Ken and his two friends
and give them hope for a future.

(The national Cursillo office determined these Cursillo in Prison ministries should be supervised by a central authority and that their format be modified to more closely align with inmate needs.)




K a t e

I recall not knowing what to expect that first night as a “guest” of a Kairos weekend. My initial reaction was to wonder what “those people” wanted from me, for surely I couldnʼt give it to them. I also figured they would judge me. I was hopeless, I was lost, and I was a sinner. Society had judged me so severely – why shouldnʼt the Kairos volunteers do likewise? I expected them to turn away from me in disgust. Instead, to my amazement, I was shown unconditional love. I was told God just wanted to be my friend and I wanted so very much to have a friend. I clung to that simple concept like a drowning woman. This was the beginning of the journey to where I am at today.

When Kate experienced unconditional love, her heart was changed.

(The national Cursillo office determined these Cursillo in Prison ministries should be supervised by a central authority and that their format be modified to more closely align with inmate needs.)




***





 



HO~G(6!9)D~SEA

And as troops of robbers wait for a man, so the 

company of priests murder in the way by consent: for

 they commit lewdness.


No comments:

Post a Comment