JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE

JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE
BE CAREFUL!!! GOT A FRIEND WITH ME HAVING THE LUCKY FIN OF A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE! WE CAN BE VERBALLY AGGRESSIVE.

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY
FUSION CUISINE: JESUS, EINSTEIN, and MICKEY MOUSE + INTERNETS (E = mc3) = TAO ~g(ZERO the HERO)d~OG

About Me

My photo
Hearing impaired (tendency to appear dumb, dense, and/or aloof), orthodox atheist (believe faith more harmful than doubt), self depreciating sense of humor (confident/not to be confused with low self esteem), ribald sense of humor (satorical/mocking when sensing Condescension), confirmed bachelor (my fate if not my choosing), freakish inclination (unpredictable non-traditionalist opinions), free spirit (nor conformist bohemian) Believe others have said it better...... "Jim! You can be SO SMART, but you can be SO DUMB!" "Jim! You make such a MARTYR of yourself." "He's a nice guy, but...." "You must be from up NORTH!" "You're such a DICK!" "You CRAZY!" "Where the HELL you from?" "Don't QUITE know how to take your personality." My favorite, "You have this... NEED... to be....HONEST!"

Thursday, August 17, 2017

GLENN MEMORIAL UMC: Book Study - "Waking up White, and Finding Myself in the Story of Race"

***
Subject:Book Study: "Waking up White, and Finding Myself in the Story of Race"
From:James Avery (jeaverydvm87@att.net)
To:theallums5@gmail.com;
Date:Wednesday, August 16, 2017 8:16 PM


Hello Carol,

This is James Avery; the defendant residing 1840 Mason Mill Road.  

"Donna!  You really do need to stop cheering for the Confederate Army every time you watch a Civil War era movie!  Especially considering all you do is play tennis with your rich lady Republican friends!"
~(Simply Jim I Am)~

"BUT THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT WAS BACK THEN!"
~(My Big Sister)~

I'm very much interested in attending this book study.  Hoping this won't be a problem?

Sincerely yours,

James E. Avery, D.V.M.


***


Subject:Book Study
From:Alice Rogers (arogers@glennumc.org)
To:jeaverydvm87@att.net;
Cc:theallums5@gmail.com;
Date:Thursday, August 17, 2017 5:54 PM


James,

Because the focus of this book study considers a sensitive topic that is difficult for many to discuss openly and honestly, we intentionally kept the group small.  We have reached our cap for participants, so we do not have room for any more participants at this time.  From my experience with your emails and yard signage, I do not think that you would bring an open mind to the group nor the respect required to engage others in sincere conversation.

Sincerely,

Alice Rogers


Senior Pastor, Glenn Memorial UMC              
Associate Professor in the Practice  Practical Theology, Emory University
           404-634-3936

Attachments

  • PastedGraphic-1.tiff (12.62KB)


***



Subject:Re: Book Study
From:James Avery (jeaverydvm87@att.net)
To:arogers@glennumc.org;
Date:Saturday, August 19, 2017 11:47 PM


Hello Sister Alice,

I agree with you that this is a sensitive topic that is difficult for many to discuss openly and honestly.  

Religion & Race Reflections: Small Group Study 
August 30 thru October 25, Room 422
Join with Pastor Alice Rogers and Lay Leader Carol Allums for a 9-week discussion group as we read and reflect together Waking Up White, and Finding Myself in the Story of Race. All are welcome. RSVP with Carol.

But I'm going to call you out on the part about intentionally keeping this group discussion small (and let's not go forgetting the time you colluded with Rev. Josh refusing a meeting with me by claiming there was a restraining order against me barring me from even the campus of Emory University when none existed).  By barring me from this discussion, obvious to me this discussion anything but open and honest.  Probably just another manipulation/deception the same as the letter you co-wrote with two other pastors of predominately white congregations in the aftermath of the Charlestons, S.C. Church shooting by Dylan Roof.  From what I was able seeing, that letter was the only discussion your church had about this shooting.  

As for the rest of what you had to say,  what am I supposed to be witnessing at Glenn inspiring me toward faith in "GOD"?  

"There are those who hide behind God trying to fool others in the world; but what they fail to realize is that the world is not big enough to hide behind to try and fool God."

All I've been able seeing so far is a scene so scripted it's nothing but living a lie.  

One door, and only one
And yet its sides are two,
Inside and outside,
On which side are you?

One Door, and only one,
And yet its sides are two,
I'm on the inside,
On which side are you?

One Lord, and only one
And yet the ways are two,
Right way and wrong way
on which way are you?

One Lord, and only one
And yet its ways are two
I'm on the right way,
on which way are you?

One Book, and only one
Which tells of places two
Good place or bad place
on which place choose you?

One Book and only one
which tells the place is true
I choose the good place,
and which place choose you?
I choose the good place,
and which place choose you?
I choose the good place,
and which place choose you?

As I see a door being two ways as opposed to one side or the other, lock and key; God house is now middle of our street.  But I'd rather not go there, that's road-kill.  But there is a side walk running down my side of the street.  A big beautiful sidewalk running down my side of the street.  Come proselytize with me sometime "good" neighbor.  Proselytize!  Let's get our money's worth out of these sidewalks some day.  Come proselytize with me!  Give the better man or woman a chance to persuade!

And I've yet to receive an answer from our Rev? Dr? Alice as to the most liberal/literal interpretation of John 3:1-15 she's heard?  At the time, you said you needed some time to read it and give it thought.  It's been over a year now.  Surely you have an answer prepared for me by now?

It's become obvious to me that our pastors are not paid to tell their congregations what they are needing to hear.  Instead, they are being paid to not tell their congregations what they are in need of hearing.

If I could have my way, I would rename Candler School of Theology to School of JOY, JOY, JOY!

Sincerely yours,

Not Defined, Undefined, Unidentified~g(8!0)d~James E. Avery, Herd Health Medicine


P.S.  I've included three attachments.  Hopefully you will use them in your discussions about race.  The first one is of a painting that struck a cord with me.  When I look at that painting, I see someone who could have been someone's son.  When I look at that painting, I see someone who could have been someone's brother.  When I look at that painting, I see someone who could have been someone's lover.  But I'm also able seeing two other men hanging from crosses the same as our Jesus of Nazareth who could have been some child's parent.  The second one is of a Glenn Memorial Wedding reception being held at Druid Hills Golf Club.  And I could not get over the irony of these two pictures.  The third one is of an eighty-five year old black man named Ralph Wise with a blower on top of a home belonging to a  George Robert Gary, Sr. MDiv., ThD retired from Candler School of Theology.  Alice.  The sight of an eighty-five year old black man on top of a house with a blower should have been what was bringing traffic to a halt between our two homes than anything I'm doing in my front yard.  Shame on you! For shame!  When I look at that painting, Alice, I do not see you!



Attachments




  • Mathieu-Le-Nain-xx-The-Crucifixion-with-the-Virgin-Saints-John-and-Mary-Magdalenf.jpg(43.43KB)
  • glenn memorial wedding reception druid hills golf club (2)II.jpg (215.58KB)
  • November 4th, 2012 119 Ralph Wise.jpg (286.59KB)


***









***


Subject:Re: Book Study
From:James Avery (jeaverydvm87@att.net)
To:arogers@glennumc.org;
Date:Sunday, August 20, 2017 1:10 AM


Hello Alice,

One more thing!

Congratulation on your winning... 

Dances with the Stars: Clergy Edition!


LOL


Attachments


  • 09+robin+(26)+(1).jpg (20.31KB)
***



No comments:

Post a Comment