JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE

JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE
BE CAREFUL!!! GOT A FRIEND WITH ME HAVING THE LUCKY FIN OF A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE! WE CAN BE VERBALLY AGGRESSIVE.

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY
FUSION CUISINE: JESUS, EINSTEIN, and MICKEY MOUSE + INTERNETS (E = mc3) = TAO ~g(ZERO the HERO)d~OG

About Me

My photo
Hearing impaired (tendency to appear dumb, dense, and/or aloof), orthodox atheist (believe faith more harmful than doubt), self depreciating sense of humor (confident/not to be confused with low self esteem), ribald sense of humor (satorical/mocking when sensing Condescension), confirmed bachelor (my fate if not my choosing), freakish inclination (unpredictable non-traditionalist opinions), free spirit (nor conformist bohemian) Believe others have said it better...... "Jim! You can be SO SMART, but you can be SO DUMB!" "Jim! You make such a MARTYR of yourself." "He's a nice guy, but...." "You must be from up NORTH!" "You're such a DICK!" "You CRAZY!" "Where the HELL you from?" "Don't QUITE know how to take your personality." My favorite, "You have this... NEED... to be....HONEST!"

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

LAUREN ABUNASSAR: CREATIVE(?)NON-FICTION

 read

Notification Details

Lauren Abunassar
Commented on: Hi Mr. Avery, My name is Lauren Abunassar and I'm a local writer currently pursuing a creative writing degree at Emory University. I hope it is okay to write to you through here - I found this page



Lauren Abunassar

Shared only with you  -  Jan 16, 2016

Hi Mr. Avery,
My name is Lauren Abunassar and I'm a local writer currently pursuing a creative writing degree at Emory University. I hope it is okay to write to you through here - I found this page through your Tumblr page. I often pass your yard display on my way to Mason Woods Park. I am currently working on a journalism project about (among other things) free speech in small communities. I was wondering if you would be willing to answer a few interview questions regarding the signs you display in your yard as well as some background info etc. I understand you may be very busy but I just had a few questions as I think your story, particularly in relation to free speech, expression etc. could be especially compelling.
Thank you very much for any info you could give me,
L.A.  
Show less
1

Lauren Abunassar's profile photoJim Ed Avery's profile photo
Hide comments

Jim Ed Avery
Jan 16, 2016
Very much willing to be interviewed about my signs. It's a pretty complicated story having many layers.  This interview...in person or by email correspondance?

Jim Ed Avery
Jan 16, 2016
cellphone # 404 788-9263
or email JEAveryDVM87@att.net
would work better for me.

Lauren Abunassar
Jan 20, 2016
Hi Mr. Avery,
Did you by any chance get my email yet? I got to thinking (especially since, as you say it's a complicated story), and since I actually live close by, perhaps it would be easier for me to just come by in person to talk, when you are out in your yard. Would that be alright with you? I am getting ready to head out of town next week but perhaps I could come by after I get back? I would especially love to see how you set up etc. I can be flexible and work around your schedule.
Thanks again for your willingness to speak!
L.A.
Show less

Jim Ed Avery
Jan 21, 2016
I did get your email.  Am still working on my answers to your questions.  Yeah!  It would probably work better for us to talk in person.  Writing is not my talent.  Since Im not working,  my schedule is completely free. Whenever works best for you.  Just be prepared...may take more than one interview to explain.
Show less

Lauren Abunassar
Jan 21, 2016
Okay great - in that case, I can just ask you the questions in person (have a few more anyway, and it might be better to just talk) so don't worry at all about writing back. I think I mentioned but I'm traveling a little bit this upcoming week so might be tricky to come out then, but I'd love to get in touch when I get back (that's the week of February 1st). Yep, no problem about more than one interview, I was thinking it might be interesting to come out a couple of times and get a sense for how you set up your signs, that process etc. and we could talk then - as long as that works for you. Thanks again and I'll be in touch!
L.A. 
Show less

Jim Ed Avery
Jan 21, 2016
Thank you.  May I ask what your religious and political persuasions are?

Lauren Abunassar
Jan 29, 2016
Hi Mr. Avery,
Would it be possible to come out this upcoming Wednesday (2/3) to get started on the interview?
Thanks!
L.A. 
Show less

Jim Ed Avery
Jan 29, 2016
Hello Lauren,
This Wednesday is fine.  Haven't worked since deciding to retire from veterinary medicine Thanksgiving 2010, so I'm extremely flexible with whatever scheduling is convenient for you.  Have a time in mind for this meeting Wednesday?

I'm also okay with you bringing someone with you if you like.  We might actually both be more at ease with you having brought someone with you, however,  will leave that decision to you.

"It's no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.  Fiction has to make sense."
~(Mark Twain)~

Assuming this interview is a project for your creative non-fiction writing class, thought you might like the above quote.
Show less

Lauren Abunassar
Jan 31, 2016
Okay great - thanks! About what time do you usually head out to your yard? I'd love to swing by then to talk to you. 

Jim Ed Avery
Jan 31, 2016
Usually 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm. Whatever signs I have chosen to display that day will be up;  but I prefer not to be in costume for the interview.

Lauren Abunassar
Feb 2, 2016
Okay that sounds great! I'll see you at 3:30. No problem at all about the costume - however you're comfortable. Would you mind if I bring a tape recorder? I usually just take notes by hand but sometimes like to have a back up. But I wanted to check first and see if that was okay with you....

Thanks!!
Read more

Lauren Abunassar
Feb 2, 2016
Oh wait - you know what, I couldn't do 3:30 tomorrow - unfortunately have a meeting then. But I could definitely do that on Thursday. Would that still work?

Jim Ed Avery
Feb 3, 2016
Can't commit to a meeting on Thursday.  Friday would probably work better for me.  Or the first of the week.  Might be able meeting with you Thursday but won't know for sure until late tomorrow afternoon or early evening.
Show less

Jim Ed Avery
Feb 3, 2016
I'm okay with you taping the interview.  May want to record it myself as well.

Lauren Abunassar
Feb 3, 2016
Okay - Friday works for me as well so if that's easier for you I can definitely come out then. Same time?

Thanks & look forward to meeting with you!
Show less

Jim Ed Avery
Feb 3, 2016
Same time.

Looking forward to meeting with you as well!!

Lauren Abunassar
Feb 5, 2016
It was great talking with you today - thanks again! I'm just in the process of transcribing my notes but then I'd love to come out again and/or call/email with a couple of follow up questions if that's okay.
Thanks!
 
Show less

Jim Ed Avery
Feb 5, 2016
I enjoyed meeting you!  You've impressed me as an extremely intelligent young woman.  I was no where nearly as mature and worldly as you are when your age.

Something else you might want to know.  Regardless of the words on my signs, code ordinances allow no signs larger than six square feet each or more than four signs at most displayed on residential property.  I could be fined $1000.00 per sign each over four.  After the second cop responding to a 911 call complaining about my signs being offensive, plus insinuating she could write me up for code ordinance violations the same as DeKalb County Code Enforcers, I went downtown Dekalb to Code Enforcers headquarters the following day which was December 8 and filed a complaint against myself; insisting they make it High Priority the same as James Wagners complaint.  I've since followed up on Dec. 22nd trying to get a copy of the file but they said they couldn't until it has been closed.  They also gave me a name...Officer Gordon...having been assigined the case.  Have not heard from them.  The police respond to 911 complaints but Code Enforcers won't respond to my complaint.

Find this very interesting. 
Show less

Jim Ed Avery
Feb 6, 2016
"Modesty is a learned affectation. And as soon as life slams the modest person against the wall, that modesty drops." - Maya Angelou

"All that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Thought the above two quotes and following links to my most recent two blogs might help explain my behavior some.

www.minusfleshequalswaterandspirits.blogspot.com

www.sentientpuddleofallsentientpuddles.blogspot.com
Show less

Lauren Abunassar
Feb 16, 2016
Hi Mr. Avery -
I've just finished transcribing all my notes (unfortunately got loaded down with a midterm as well - why it took a little longer). I wondered if we could set up a time for me to either come out again or call you on the phone with a couple of follow up questions. I can work around your schedule for sure.
Thanks so much!
L.A. 
Show less

Jim Ed Avery
Feb 16, 2016
Hey!

I definitely prefer us scheduling another meeting answering these questions in person.  Not a phone person at all!


Pretty much nothing on my end of this for us to schedule around, so I'm going to let you pick the day and time of this meeting that works best for you..?

Might have already mentioned her name to you, but as the currrent President of the Mason Mill Civic Association, Mary Hinkel is someone you might want to consider interviewing about my signs.  Mary earned a Bachelor of Arts degree cum laude from Smith College. Mary also earned a Master of Librarianship from Emory University.

Before Mary becoming the current President of Mason Mill Civic Association, we've have also a Patrick Noonan and a John Bugge you may want to consider interviewing about my signs.

Professor Noonan came to Goizueta in 1993 from the faculty of the Harvard Business School, where he earned his Ph.D. in Decision Sciences. He served as Goizueta's Assistant Dean and Director of MBA Programs from 1996-2000.

Patrick's field is "decision analysis," which draws on both the wisdom and the analytical methodologies of economics, psychology, statistics, sociology and engineering to provide prescriptions for improving decision making in business, in the professions, in health sciences, in politics and in life. The objective of decision analysis has been described as "facilitating a high-quality conversation about a decision situation," thus marrying rigorous analytical thinking with the native human strengths of judgment and intuition, embedded in the interactivity of decision making in real world organizations.

John Bugge is professor emeritus of English. As a medievalist, John specialized in Chaucer, the Arthurian tradition, Middle English devotional literature of female spirituality, and the alliterative style. He is author of Virginitas: An Essay in the History of a Medieval Ideal (1975) and co-editor of The Arthurian Tradition: Essays in Convergence (1988), along with numerous essays on medieval literature. John's holds a BA from Marquette University (1963) and and MA and PhD from Harvard (1966, 1970). Chair of the executive committee, he works with a varied group of constituents to implement the EUEC’s strategic plan and to address opportunities and challenges related to faculty retirement.

We've had a day in court over my signs once already.

The following link may help some explaining what a fiasco that experience had been for all of us.  

http://twistedpurplecow.blogspot.com/2014/01/commitment-conspiracys-rape-rape-rape.html

But again, it's all so very complicated, really  just need coming with an open mind, letting me try explaining in person, and loaded down with patience.

DEFINITELY LOTS AND LOTS OF PATIENCE!

LOL

I will understand if ever coming to the decision that my story may not be the right one for you to be writting about this time around.

Ideally, what I'm probably needing is a ghost writer.

I'm going to force myself to stop here.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Jim Ed


  
Show less

Lauren Abunassar
Feb 17, 2016
Okay awesome. I could do tomorrow any time (ideally late morning) or also Friday afternoon (could do the same time as before or I could come at about 12:30 give or take, which might be better). Friday would probably be a better day, but if one day or time works better for you let me know!

I did want to get in touch with Mason Mill Civic Association so thanks for that name! Just trying to track down a phone number for her now (I have one for Patrick).

Do you have any other upcoming court dates by any chance?

I definitely still plan on moving forward with the story. I actually just pitched it to my professor (along with all my preliminary notes on our first interview) yesterday and he was very interested in reading the finished product.

Just by way of heads up, for this next interview, I would of course love to hear more about the signs but was also hoping to get a bit more background info on you. In looking at my notes, I was hoping to hear a little bit more about when Dekalb Crisis Center came out, maybe a bit more about your upbringing. I was also hoping to talk a bit more about the church you grew up in. In listening to the recordings (though some were a bit blurry because of traffic haha) I noticed you kept coming back to the idea of the church failing you, and so I thought we could talk a little bit more about that as I really want to get it right for the article.

Hope all of that is okay!
Look forward to meeting with you again!
L.A. 
Show less

Jim Ed Avery
Feb 17, 2016
All of that most certainly is okay!

Can we do Thursday morning at 11:00 am?

Would it be possible for this interview taking place within my home?  It would be much easier for me to be able using my desktop computer showing you pictures, documents, emails,, etc. as we have need for them during the interview as well as enabling me printing copies of anything you believing would be helpful writing this story.

Also, is it possible for me seeing these preliminary notes as well?  It would certainly help to clear up any misunderstanding  within these notes first before preceding  any futher?

Jim Ed
Show less

Lauren Abunassar
Feb 19, 2016
Hi Mr. Avery,
I know this is short notice but just had a quick question for you. For the interview today, any chance you'd want to meet somewhere (maybe Einstein's Bagels) for coffee? Might be easier to sit down that way and coffee/bagel my treat for all your help. If it's too much of a hassle for you I can certainly just come out again, just thought it might be a little easier to sit down especially since I'm a little more constrained for time today.

Thanks so much and just let me know! (If I don't hear from you I'll just come by your house as planned).

Lauren
Show less

Jim Ed Avery
Feb 19, 2016
Interesting that you should bring up the topic of coffee; or maybe better said, how strange, suddenly wondering instead why it is that my sister and I have never liked or cared to drink coffee?

"Jim, you don't work enough!"
~(My Mother)~

"Mother, I have three jobs!  My father's (deceased) job as a veterinarian!  Your job as a homemaker!  And my brother's (five years older than me and still living at home free room and board...kinda) job mowing the lawn!  I WORK PLENTY ENOUGH!"

Anyway, as I have a serious crystal meths addiction,I rather not multi-task while you are here.   But please do bring coffee and bagels with you if you iike.  I'm pretty sure there will be be no short anwers to any questions asked of me.

In other words, there is a good chance you might finish your bagel before I'm finished with your first question..?

LOL
Show less

Lauren Abunassar
Feb 19, 2016
Okay no problem - see you soon!

Jim Ed Avery
Yesterday 12:39 AM
“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view,” Atticus Finch tells his daughter, Scout, in one of the most memorable passages of the classic novel “To Kill a Mockingbird” — “until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.”

Harper Lee, elusive author of ‘To Kill a Mockingbird,’ is dead at 89

Lauren,

Can't help but find it somewhat ironic, how the death of this author was making major headline news this afternoon as we stood at the entrance to my driveway discussing among other things...Principle of Charity...during this interview.

In philosophy and rhetoric, the principle of charity requires interpreting a speaker's statements to be rational and, in the case of any argument, considering its best, strongest possible interpretation. In its narrowest sense, the goal of this methodological principle is to avoid attributing irrationality, logical fallacies or falsehoods to the others' statements, when a coherent, rational interpretation of the statements is available. According to Simon Blackburn "it constrains the interpreter to maximize the truth or rationality in the subject's sayings."

Donald Davidson provides an other formulation of the principle of charity. Davidson sometimes referred to it as the principle of rational accommodation. He summarized it: We make maximum sense of the words and thoughts of others when we interpret in a way that optimises agreement. The principle may be invoked to make sense of a speaker's utterances when one is unsure of their meaning.

A related principle is the principle of humanity, which states that we must assume that another speaker's beliefs and desires are connected to each other and to reality in some way, and attribute to him or her "the propositional attitudes one supposes one would have oneself in those circumstances"

Another quote I'm believing complements this topic:

"You do not conclude until understanding.  Once understanding; you do not judge."

I want to thank you for reaching out to me and asking to hear my story; actually making an effort understanding.

This alone go a a long way earning my respect for you regardless of the finished product.

Sincerely yours,

Jim Ed
Show less



Lauren Abunassar
Feb 21, 2016
 
Reply
Hi Mr. Avery,
Thanks for this info - it is definitely helpful as I pull the article together. I did have a few quick questions for you. When we spoke about you going to Dekalb Crisis Center, you mentioned sitting your mother and sister down to watch a movie. I think my pen gave out because I can only see a little bit of the title I wrote down - I think you said the Tombstone Trilogy. Could you just confirm that title for me?

And then, I know you asked me if I had an idea of how the article was shaping up. It's coming together as a profile of you and the signs and how that functions into the neighborhood. Because of that (and because you've mentioned your family a couple of times) I think it would be very helpful to get a quick quote or two from them. And I wondered if you'd be willing to give me an email address and/or phone number for someone - I'd love to get to talk to your mother or sister briefly.

Thanks,
L.A.
Show less

Jim Ed Avery
Feb 23, 2016
Hey Lauren,

Just letting you know that I'm working on my answer to you latest request.  As usual, it's not a simple yes or no question.

Read up on To Kill A Mockingbird and Go Set A Watchman if not already familiar with the story of how they came to creation.

Explains too well this relationship between me and my mother.  Just too well for my comfort.


Tombstone~(6!9)~Tourch Song Trilogy


Torch Song Trilogy is a collection of three plays by Harvey Fierstein rendered in three acts: International Stud, Fugue in a Nursery, and Widows and Children First! The story centers on Arnold Beckoff, a

torch song singing Jewish drag queen living in New York City in the late 1970s and early 1980s. The four hour-plus play begins with a soliloquy in which he explains his cynical disillusionment with love.

Each act focuses on a different phase in Arnold's life. In the first, Arnold meets Ed, who is uncomfortable with his bisexuality. In the second, one year later, Arnold meets Alan, and the two settle down into

a blissful existence that includes plans to adopt a child, until tragedy strikes. In the third, several years later, Arnold is a single father raising gay teenager David. Arnold is forced to deal with his mother's

intolerance and disrespect when she visits from Florida.

The first act derives its name (International Stud) from an actual gay bar of the same name at 117 Perry Street in Greenwich Village in the 1960s and 1970s. The bar had a backroom where men engaged in

anonymous sex. The backroom plays a central role in the act.

The award-winning and popular work broke new ground in the theatre: "At the height of the post-Stonewall clone era, Harvey challenged both gay and straight audiences to champion an effeminate gay

man's longings for love and family."


Interesting how I was only familiar with the movie version of Torch Song Trilogy until deciding I would paste from Wikipedia helping you along.

fugue

1.

Music
a contrapuntal composition in which a short melody or phrase (the subject) is introduced by one part and successively taken up by others and developed by interweaving the parts.


In music, a fugue (/fju?g/ FEWG) is a contrapuntal compositional technique in two or more voices, built on a subject (theme) that is introduced at the beginning in imitation (repetition at different pitches)

and recurs frequently in the course of the composition.

A fugue usually has three sections: an exposition, a development, and a final entry that contains the return of the subject in the fugue's tonic key. Some fugues have a recapitulation.[4] In the Middle Ages,

the term was widely used to denote any works in canonic style; by the Renaissance, it had come to denote specifically imitative works. Since the 17th century, the term fugue has described what is

commonly regarded as the most fully developed procedure of imitative counterpoint.

Most fugues open with a short main theme, the subject, which then sounds successively in each voice (after the first voice is finished stating the subject, a second voice repeats the subject at a different

pitch, and other voices repeat in the same way); when each voice has entered, the exposition is complete. This is often followed by a connecting passage, or episode, developed from previously heard

material; further "entries" of the subject then are heard in related keys. Episodes (if applicable) and entries are usually alternated until the "final entry" of the subject, by which point the music has returned

to the opening key, or tonic, which is often followed by closing material, the coda. In this sense, a fugue is a style of composition, rather than a fixed structure.


2.

Psychiatry
a state or period of loss of awareness of one's identity, often coupled with flight from one's usual environment, associated with certain forms of hysteria and epilepsy.


Dissociative fugue, formerly fugue state or psychogenic fugue, is a DSM-5 Dissociative Disorder. It is a rare psychiatric disorder characterized by reversible amnesia for personal identity, including the

memories, personality, and other identifying characteristics of individuality. The state is usually short-lived (ranging from hours to days), but can last months or longer. Dissociative fugue usually

involves unplanned travel or wandering, and is sometimes accompanied by the establishment of a new identity. It is no longer its own classification or diagnosis as it was in the DSM-IV, but now a facet of

Dissociative Amnesia according to the DSM-5.

After recovery from fugue, previous memories usually return intact, but there is typically amnesia for the fugue episode. Additionally, an episode of fugue is not characterized as attributable to a

psychiatric disorder if it can be related to the ingestion of psychotropic substances, to physical trauma, to a general medical condition, or to other psychiatric conditions such as dissociative identity

disorder, delirium, or dementia. Fugues are usually precipitated by a stressful episode, and upon recovery there may be amnesia for the original stressor (dissociative amnesia).



http://twistedpurplecow.blogspot.com/2013/10/i-may-be-beast-but-i-am-not-fool-herd.html

Isaiah 6:9-10
New International Version
(NIV)

9 He said, “Go and tell this people:


“‘Be ever hearing, but never understanding;
    be ever seeing, but never perceiving.’
10 Make the heart of this people calloused;
    make their ears dull
    and close their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
    hear with their ears,
    understand with their hearts,
and turn and be healed.”




“I am open to the guidance of synchronicity, and do not let expectations hinder my path.”

~(Dalai Lama)~



  
Show less


Jim Ed Avery
Yesterday 12:17 AM
Yesterday as I was putting out my signs, a large expensive looking car comes to a stop my side of the street and the passenger side window rolls down.  The driver of this car was a nicely dressed elderly woman wearing makeup; the passenger side was an even older woman with white hair and dressed plainly but comfortable.

As I started walking toward the car, the driver, says something sounding like a question about me being a non-believer..?

"I do consider myself an atheist; but not necessarily a non-believer, " I answered her.

The she says,
"WELL... THERE IS A GOD!"

I did not like her attitude.

WE GET THE GOD WE HAVE; NOT THE ONE SHE CHOOSES.

So I tore into her in front of her mother(?)...
who btw never says a word through all of this.  In fact, by this point, her mother(?) was closer to me than she was to this female driver behind the steering wheel of this car.

"Well...this would depend on how we go about defining 'God'," I said to her.

Then I went on to explain that I already...AGREE, if there is to be a god, by definition there can only be...ONE. But to go any futher than this, one is starting to go down that dangerous road of claiming to know God's thoughts. And if she's going to claim knowing any of God's thoughts, then she better god damn well know all of them!

Since she hadn't driven off yet,  like most do by this point, I kept going:

"And this is what I like about being the atheist believing in zero gods as this leaves the only god...AVAILABLE... being my witness...THE GENIUNE ONE...if truly indeed there is...A GOD."

But it all went over her head.

"WHO MADE YOU?!"

A retorical question I'm sure.

"My mother...AND...my father.  And this is...AS...FAR...AS... I need to go!"

This woman then sort of sneers as the car begins moving.

"UNLESS SHE SAID, 'NO!'"  I'm wanting to shout after them while watching them driving off until disappearing over the hill. "THEN IT'S JUST HIM  WHOEVER THAT MOTHER FUCKER WAS!  SHOULD IT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE WHETHER THEY WERE MARRIED OR NOT?!"


Lauren,

I'm just now realizing, we haven't talked any about my father; or at least, I'm thinking there's more needing said ...first?

Betty Jo Wolfe Avery
(870)  887-3415

Donna Gail Avery Devine
(501) 940-9667

However, I realize, that as one of Emory University's many ambitious high achieving students, you are under a lot of pressure to excel;  a time restraint.

That I'm just a mean to and end.

But then again,  aren't we all?

Although there is more, ideally, I'm wanting to share with you before you reaching out to my mother and sister, you are free to do with these phone numbers as you please.

Sincerely yours,

Jim Ed

"Jim, I can fall in love with you except for one thing...your faith."
~(Jed Speakman:  Dead Man Walking)~

"All that you touch you change.  All that you change changes you."
~(Octavia Butler)~

"Jim, I didn't say, 'I could handle you being dead easier than I can handle you be gay.'  What I said was, 'I could handle you being deaf easier than I can handle you being gay.'"
~(My Mother:  Death of A Salesman)~

"The past is always present.  Never forget this."
~(The First Grader)~


Lauren Abunassar
8:06 PM
 
Reply
Hi Mr. Avery -
Please see the message below in response to your email about the church service. I know you said you don't check email too often, so thought I'd send my response through here:
---------------------------------------
Hi Mr. Avery,
I can't make it tomorrow. I did want to ask what you mean when you say: "Then, I'm able seeing no reason why it should be wrong of me taking everyone down on the way with me when making this jump with truths for the truth."

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that and was just wondering if you could clear it up for me/explain - a little concerning.

Thanks
Show less

Jim Ed Avery
9:16 PM
Hey Lauren,

Asking you to join me for worship service tomorrow morning was just a thought I thought might be helpful to your understanding of me.

And this "jump with truths for the truth"  is just a different way, I quess, of saying that I've learned how to  loop God into a circle and hang him from around our necks like an albabross.

Let's see if I can give you an example using Clairmont Presbyterian Church:

Rev. Owen Stepp, Senior Pastor

Owen leads our team of pastoral and support staff.  He works with the elders and other leaders of the church to discern and implement God’s will for Clairmont.  Owen comes to us after spending four years in the financial services industr​y.  God has powerfully  used that experience in the marketplace to shape Owen’s leadership, preaching and pastoral care for God’s family here at Clairmont.

(When I read this,  I immediately saw a "money launderer in a sheep skin.")

Originally from West Palm Beach, Florida, Owen graduated from Wake Forest University where he earned his Bachelor of Arts in Religion. He continued his education at Princeton Theological Seminary where he received his Master of Divinity. Owen has served churches in Maryland, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Northern Ireland.

("It's not our jobs, at least not mine, giving you advice; twelve steps to a more successful whatever.  My job is pointing you in the direction of Jesus." -- Rev. Owen during a sermon of his while "Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying"  on their sign out front.  That sign was the reason I was there.)

Owen and his wife Carolyn, a graduate of The University of Georgia, live in Atlanta. They have a baby girl, Anna Kate. Besides being a wonderful mom, Carolyn works as an accountant for Cancer Treatment Centers of America in her hometown of Newnan.  Owen and Carolyn enjoy spending time with their new baby, being outdoors, entertaining friends in their home, and cheering for the Braves.

(I've also always wanted to ask of Rev. Owen if he was aware, "Indifference is directly proportional to the amount of time one spends with friends cheering for the Braves? - -TOMOHAWK TREE SERVICE - WE CHOP UM CHEAP!")

This is all I mean by "I see no reason why it should be wrong of me taking everyone on the way down with me when I make this jump with truths for the truth."

I've simply made my life an opened book then looped my drug addiction into a circlie back onto the biggest addiction of them all...God.

I''ve suddenly lost a good bit of vision in my right eye.

And the sign out front of their church currently says, "Clear Eyes, Full Heart."

I hope this helps some.

Sincerely yours,

Jim Ed
Show less

Okay - I'm glad you wrote back and explained this to me. You worried me with that note - wasn't entirely sure what you meant.

I do have a previous commitment for tomorrow morning so I can't attend the service with you - thank you for thinking of me and extending the invitation though.

I will take a look now at these other notes you've sent me.

Also, thanks very much for sending me your family's contact info - I appreciate you doing that.

Also - just to let you know re- your note about being a means to an end - to assure you, I really am interested in your story so it isn't just a means to an end for me. Just to let you know.

I appreciate your contributions - I'll be in touch with a few more fact checking questions as I put the final touches on the article.

Thanks,
L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment