JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE

JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE
BE CAREFUL!!! GOT A FRIEND WITH ME HAVING THE LUCKY FIN OF A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE! WE CAN BE VERBALLY AGGRESSIVE.

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY
FUSION CUISINE: JESUS, EINSTEIN, and MICKEY MOUSE + INTERNETS (E = mc3) = TAO ~g(ZERO the HERO)d~OG

About Me

My photo
Hearing impaired (tendency to appear dumb, dense, and/or aloof), orthodox atheist (believe faith more harmful than doubt), self depreciating sense of humor (confident/not to be confused with low self esteem), ribald sense of humor (satorical/mocking when sensing Condescension), confirmed bachelor (my fate if not my choosing), freakish inclination (unpredictable non-traditionalist opinions), free spirit (nor conformist bohemian) Believe others have said it better...... "Jim! You can be SO SMART, but you can be SO DUMB!" "Jim! You make such a MARTYR of yourself." "He's a nice guy, but...." "You must be from up NORTH!" "You're such a DICK!" "You CRAZY!" "Where the HELL you from?" "Don't QUITE know how to take your personality." My favorite, "You have this... NEED... to be....HONEST!"

Saturday, July 22, 2017

CBS46 - When is free speech disturbing the peace? DeKalb County neighbors want to know

***

When is free speech disturbing the peace? DeKalb County neighbors want to know

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 11:46 PM EDTUpdated: Jul 22, 2017 12:05 AM EDT

DeKalb County police seem to have convinced themselves that a man screaming offensive language to every person he sees, including children, is some kind of free speech issue. And yet there are others in Georgia who don't seem to enjoy those same protections.
Almost every day for the past seven years, people who live near Mason Mill Road say one of their neighbors has stood on the sidewalk outside his house and indiscriminately shouted at people of all ages.
"The vulgarities, and flipping off people, and yelling at people...the thing I hate about it is, I have to explain it to my grandchildren when I drive by there," explained a neighbor.
CBS46 reporter Kim Passoth confronted James Avery at his door, asking, "What about little kids on a school bus?" to which Avery replied, "They're going to learn these words anyway."
The neighbors who live closest to Avery gave up calling police because every time an officer arrived, they always concluded there was nothing they could do.
Recently, responding officers have taken to dismissing new complaints against Avery without going to the address, presuming that no crime is being committed.
I asked police if a double standard is being applied. For example, if the same behavior was occurring right across the street from the DeKalb County Chief Executive Officer's house, how long would that last?
We know actor Shia Labeouf was recently arrested in Savannah for doing something very similar. In the police report, officers said LaBeouf committed disorderly conduct when he shouted the F-word around children.
I asked a police spokesperson if there is a difference between that and what Avery is doing.
Police sent a copy of the state law and it essentially reads in part: "Anyone who uses obscene, vulgar, or profane language around a child under 14-years-old, and who is also disturbing the peace, can be arrested for disorderly conduct."
There is no special exception for people who are sober, or people who are standing on the edge of their property addressing the public.
However, someone has to be a witness to it, and police claim no one is ever willing to do that.
Many of the recipients of Avery's language are passing by in cars at rush hour and likely don't have the motivation to wait for a police officer to arrive for an official report.
But several people who live nearby expressed to CBS46 they would definitely be witnesses if given the chance.
So either all those neighbors are lying, or the police have it wrong.
CBS46 will return to DeKalb County police with these community responses and will continue to demand answers on their behalf.
Copyright 2017 Meredith Corporation (WGCL-TV) All rights reserved

***
1 Comment
Sort by 
James Avery · 

I just do not understand why it would be so wrong of us trying something different for a change? LIke, maybe, interviewing me along side all these others calling in all these compliants against me to the police? At least have the courage answering this one question directly to my face: What's the difference between all these policemen and policewomen having been called out to our "lovely" neighborhood because of me and all these next door/not so next door NEXTDOOR.COM neighbors of mine? One door, and only one; yet their sides are two. Inside and outside; which side choose you?! As God's house is middle of our street, I would rather not go there...THAT'S ROADKILL! But there is a sidewalk running down my side of the street. Come proselytize with me good neighbors. PROSELYTIZE! Let's get our money's worth out of these sidewalks...god damn it! Walk/Work with me; let us talk. - Jesus loves me! This I know,
For the Bible tells me so;
Little ones to Him belong,
They are weak but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me! He who died,
Heaven's gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me! loves me still,
When I'm very weak and ill;
From His shining throne on high,
Comes to watch me where I lie.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me! He will stay,
Close beside me all the way;
He's prepared a home for me,
And some day His face I'll see.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so. It ain't gossip if true!
LikeReplyJust now

***

No comments:

Post a Comment