JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE

JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE
BE CAREFUL!!! GOT A FRIEND WITH ME HAVING THE LUCKY FIN OF A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE! WE CAN BE VERBALLY AGGRESSIVE.

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY
FUSION CUISINE: JESUS, EINSTEIN, and MICKEY MOUSE + INTERNETS (E = mc3) = TAO ~g(ZERO the HERO)d~OG

About Me

My photo
Hearing impaired (tendency to appear dumb, dense, and/or aloof), orthodox atheist (believe faith more harmful than doubt), self depreciating sense of humor (confident/not to be confused with low self esteem), ribald sense of humor (satorical/mocking when sensing Condescension), confirmed bachelor (my fate if not my choosing), freakish inclination (unpredictable non-traditionalist opinions), free spirit (nor conformist bohemian) Believe others have said it better...... "Jim! You can be SO SMART, but you can be SO DUMB!" "Jim! You make such a MARTYR of yourself." "He's a nice guy, but...." "You must be from up NORTH!" "You're such a DICK!" "You CRAZY!" "Where the HELL you from?" "Don't QUITE know how to take your personality." My favorite, "You have this... NEED... to be....HONEST!"

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Nextdoor Support - Susie Scarr: Crazy man with signs


Picture of Susie Scarr

Crazy man with signs4 Oct

Susie Scarr from Mason Mill
Hello everyone,
I'm sure you are all aware of the man that puts out his awful signs, blows bubbles, wears bizarre outfits and masks while people pass during rush hour on Mason Mill Rd. I have spoken to him and he told me that he has a vengeance against some official at Emory. His offensive signs and bizarre behavior is scary to say the least. Has the police been notified and what recourse do we have to make him stop.?
Susie Scarr
Shared with Mason Mill in Crime & Safety
You thanked Susie
Burt Wittenberg has no photo
Burt Wittenberg from Mason Mill4 Oct

why don't you call police and find out what if anything can be done. free speech may be a issue..
You thanked Burt
Picture of Susie Scarr
Susie Scarr from Mason Mill4 Oct

I will, but wanted to know what has been done so far
You and Bruce thanked Susie
Rita Franco has no photo
Rita Franco from Mason Mill4 Oct

Zoning has been called repeatedly but he continues to put signs back up. Unfortunately he has a mental illness & other neighbor's who live nearby have been dealing with this for yrs. you will have to call zoning to get full details on what you can do.
You and Patrick thanked Rita
Mary Hinkel is a Nextdoor Mason Mill Lead
Mary Hinkel from Mason Mill4 Oct

Susie: Two or three years ago, Jim Ed was fined $2,000 for having a large sign nailed to the trees, and at the time I believe he was evaluated by DeKalb County mental health services. Please refer the matter to zoning and the police and then report to us what you find out. I'm working under the impression that his signs are not an issue as long as they're on his property, but I could very well be mistaken. Your neighborhood would appreciate your leadership on this matter. Thanks.
You thanked Mary
Picture of Susie Scarr
Susie Scarr from Mason Mill4 Oct

I will personally take this on. I am particularly concerned about his mental illness, the stigma his antics have on our neighborhood and his disturbance of traffic flow. I also thought that signs in his yard were allowed but the content is becoming more and more disturbing.I will report my findings.
You, MaryMary, and 1 other thanked Susie
Allison Macdonald has no photo
Allison Macdonald from Mason Mill4 Oct

We've been here for 9 years. He has been here for a good part of that. I don't let my kids walk by his house. I don't engage him
and try to find out what he's doing. It is obvious that he's a bit disturbed. So far he has been harmless, however it would be hard to rent or sell a property near him.
You and Patrick thanked Allison
Picture of M Ayres Gardner
M Ayres Gardner from Mason Mill5 Oct

He is a disgrace to the neighborhood and a threat to all of our property values. I have wondered why the neighborhood association was not persistently dealing with this. For awhile he had a black monkey hanging by a noose in his yard. If that isn't hate speech, I don't know what is.
You thanked M Ayres
Picture of Dru Moody
Dru Moody from Mason Mill5 Oct

It bothers me to see the sock monkeys that are hung by the neck with hangmann's nooses - these are "displayed" back by the crosses on the right side of the yard. He changes them from time to time but they are always there. One of his often worn items is a sock monkey mask. The fact that he regularly displays lynched figures shows an alarming level of disturbance. (I am a psychotherapist, but I don't think it takes a professional to figure this one out.) A while back some of his signs were about his diagreement with a psychiatric diagnosis given by Emory Dept. of Psychaitry, which led me to believe there have been efforts - probably unsuccessful - to address his mental health status and issues in the past. Also, for a while he was taking his signs down except when he was out there with them - I was hoping that he was responding to having been cited, but now he is worse that ever. Surely, law enforcement is aware of his prominently displayed behaviors.
You thanked Dru
Rafe Henderson has no photo
Rafe Henderson from Mason Mill5 Oct

We are also long-term neighbors and know that this issue has been raised previously including with the MMCA. Really not very many options at anyone's disposal. Would be nice if we had mental health outreach from the health dept, but we do not seem to want to fund them. Rafe (McConnell).
You, Patrick, and Paul thanked Rafe
Picture of David Marier
David Marier from Mason Mill5 Oct

While Jim does post some odd signs, I believe his agenda is a harmless one. When we first moved into the neighborhood, we felt the signs were very offensive, especially the "fag" signs. One day our door bell rang and it was a neighbor. We chatted about our yard and plants and in general had a nice conversation. He invited us to his home to compare plants, etc. We were shocked when we realized it was the "crazy guy" with the signs. My partner and I took the opportunity to visit Jim. We all have personal issues and Jim has his. But all in all, he was a nice guy. Perhaps some of you, if you would take the time to get to know your neighbors might see a different side. And lastly, have you all forgotten about the First Amendment??? I could drive by every house in the neighbor and find something I don't like about it, but I don't say anything. It's your houses and I believe in personal responsibility. And please don't call the police on Jim, it's a waste of their time and limited resources. Thanks.
You, DorothyTim, and 8 others thanked David
Picture of Susie Scarr
Susie Scarr from Mason Mill5 Oct

I too, have stopped to visit him and even have been inside his house. He does seem friendly, I have to admit but he can show his views in other ways that don't effect others., especially children who ride by in buses on their way home from school. His totally offensive signs are not appropriate anywhere in public and only represent his thoughts. If he's going to put up signs, make them have a positive impact.
You thanked Susie
Susan Alvarez has no photo
Susan Alvarez from Mason Mill5 Oct

I admit I never read the signs because you really can't read them as you drive by. I thought it was some artist. This yard reminds me of Little 5 Points back in the 80's. I'll take weird yard signs and inflatable decorations to guns any day.
You, Brian, Parlee, and 2 others thanked Susan
Picture of Tim Oliver
Tim Oliver from Mason Mill5 Oct

David, good points. Even if someone calls the police, I seriously doubt they would even respond.
You thanked Tim
Picture of Amy Swartz
Amy Swartz from Mason Mill5 Oct

I had a yard sale at my house about a year ago and he came over and introduced himself. It was a fundraiser for an animal rescue group and he told me that he used to be a vet. He is a talker and told me a lot about his life including the meanings of some of his signs. All this without any prompting by me. I was surprised to learn some things about him which seemed in clear opposition to the content of his signs. I don't understand the bizarre signs or his costumes but I've never seen any threatening messages. I have seen the police out in front of his house talking with him during rush hour. Nothing seems to have changed. He does seem to be suffering from mental illness but I have no idea if he should be considered a threat.
You thanked Amy
Picture of David Marier
David Marier from Mason Mill5 Oct

Isn't it awfully difficult to disrupt traffic that is going 10-20 mph? He only does his show during rush hour to get better exposure. I'd rather have that than an all day show from 7am to 8pm! Also, he hasn't had much affect on selling homes nearby either. I'm pretty sure the house directly across the road and I believe 2 house on his side of the road have sold recently. Really folks, you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. Let's take the high road and be good neighbors.
You, Lorie, and Paul thanked David
Nancy Sokolove has no photo
Nancy Sokolove from Mason Mill6 Oct

I understand the first amendment issue, etc. and all is in play here, and I've been told that his sock monkey/noose "display" is supposed to represent his opposition to Emory's use of monkeys etc for medical experimentation although obviously they can - and are - visually read as racial hate speech. Also, in the short number of months that we've lived here, his signs seem to be getting more elaborate and more offensive, and this is worrisome to me. One last thing is that - really - a Fuck You sign? That just can't be okay. And I'm from Philly - so if I'm a bit offended by seeing that everyday I can imagine how the true southerners must feel :-)
Edited on 6 Oct
You thanked Nancy
Picture of Lorie Flacker
Lorie Flacker from Mason Mill6 Oct

I agree with the I don't let it bother me, and some of his signs are even amusing like the one that is the fear of ducks watching you with duck cutouts on the sidewalk. However, as noted, recently I have seen the Fuck You sign and then the F*ck You sign. That is not o.k. as I know that kids are driving by with their parents every day. I asked about it and was told that code enforcement could be called for this type language, but otherwise he was on his own property and they wouldn't do anything.....
You thanked Lorie
Picture of Susie Scarr
Susie Scarr from Mason Mill6 Oct

Does anyone have a picture of the "f*** you sign"? Send it to me if you do
You thanked Susie
Picture of James Avery
James Avery from Mason Mill28 Mar

When have you been in my home Susie? I only remember meeting you for the first time the day I saw you blowing leave in your front yard and I walk down and told you about an amusing incident where one your girlfriends confronted me over my battery powered bubble blaster; and also wanting to make sure you where throwing that paining away.. Then there was one other time I sorta met you the day you angrily showed up with a camera as I was doing my flagging dance routine, took some pictures of the signs, then without saying a word started walking back to your place. I haven't told you yet about a different girlfriend of your confronting me even earlier about my [? 4U James Wagner True or False GOD HATES FAG] sign back when all this started. This one actually rang my doorbell. Once she found out I was gay and not "FAG BASHING" our new neighbors having cut down all the trees, she was perfectly okay with the sign. As I was trying to explain to this small woman who Rev. Phelps was (she didn't know), seeing instead, this woman more curious about the inside of my home than listening to anything I was saying, I did invite this woman into my home. But she declined.

I will hand deliver you a picture of my ["F**K YOU!" Nothing but a thoughts terminating cliche] sign in person.

btw It's meant to be read in conjunction with [SILENCE = CONSENT (DEAD OR ALIVE) DIALOGUE = PURGATORY]; ["F**K YOU!" Nothing but a thoughts terminating cliche].

And the three monkeys hanging by their necks...
they generally mean being of sound mind, body, and action; set the example for others to follow. They can also mean looking the other way, refusing to acknowledge, feigning ignorance; in other words cancelling out the first set of monkeys. When spinning the two perspectives into a single narrative, they end up being most unhelpful; you might as well hang them.

BIAS CAN BE REAL AS WELL AS PERNICIOUS WITHOUT BEING LEGALLY ACTIONABLE

I'm making you people look like fools.
Picture of Susie Scarr
Susie Scarr from Mason Mill29 Mar

I went to your door to tell you that your signs put a bad light on our neighborhood and asked you to stop. That was 10 years ago when I first moved here. You invited me in and showed me your art and you chattered non stop. I have not spoken to you since.

And, to comment on your last remark, the only person that is looking like a fool is you.
You thanked Susie
Picture of Dorothy Clark
Dorothy Clark from Mason Mill29 Mar

Please please PLEASE, good neighbors, let's put an end to this, now that it has turned into name-calling and one-up-man-ship. Thank you. :(
You, MaryJanet & Ira, and 2 others thanked Dorothy
Picture of James Avery
James Avery from Mason Mill29 Mar

Susie...are you or are you not the one who confronted me over the [?4U james wagner] sign? That would have been about ten years ago. But a young man who use to sit out on your front porch smoking a cigar late at night told me that woman who rang my doorbell was his mother's girlfriend from Tucker? But this woman did not come into my house. As I was trying to explain the sign and how it related to the just then 8-1 ruling Snyder vs. Phelps SCOTUS ruling in favor of the Phelps family, this woman kept trying to look into my home around me instead of listening to what I was saying. So I invited her in to satisfy her curiosity. This woman declined coming into my home. So I brought one of my framed prints, the one titled SHIP OF STATE by Charles Braggs to door entrance an showed it to her instead. No one made you stand there and listen. In fact you didn't. So I'm assuming you are just as stupid today.
Picture of Susie Scarr
Susie Scarr from Mason Mill29 Mar

please stop messaging me
You thanked Susie
Picture of James Avery
James Avery from Mason Mill29 Mar

You've started a dialogue about me on nextdoor and you expect me to just sit idly by and say nothing?! I'm not messaging you; I'm calling you out on your perniciousness and prevarications.

"His
 offensive signs and bizarre behavior is scary to say the least. Has the police been notified and what recourse do we have to make him stop.?

Put an end to this behavior of yours and maybe you will have your answer to your question about me?
Edited on 29 Mar
Noelle Bandy has no photo
Noelle Bandy from Mason Mill29 Mar

James, since you are active in this dialogue, I will take the opportunity to ask you directly if you have posted your signs and wave your flags in anticipation of a specific result, or just to draw perpetual attention to your cause. Frankly, those of us who drive by daily have two concerns - first is the use of vulgarity (veiled and unveiled) which is inappropriate for grown-ups as well as the children who ride in our cars. (I see that you agree with this according to your sign that refers to a certain phrase as a way shutting down dialogue.) The second concern is that your messages are so cryptic and vehement that we cannot tell whether they are supposed to be serious or sarchastic. This does not help your cause.
I have visited your website, and I still cannot tell exactly what issue you are for or against. Perhaps if you would take a minute to explain here, others as well as I might better understand.
Thank you in advance for what I hope will be a civil discussion,
Noelle
You thanked Noelle
Picture of James Avery
James Avery from Mason Mill29 Mar

Noelle, I have soooo many signs. Could you be more specific as to which signs you consider vulgar (veiled and unveiled) and why? I'm mainly just interested in learning which signs our ?grown-ups? are being offended by? The children are just taking their cues from them. My signs nowadays are mainly aimed at Emory University's Candler School of Theology as I was raised the first eighteen years of my life, the most impressionable years, as a Methodist small town of Prescott, Arkansas. I'm trying to get them to accept their fair share of failing me as a child if they are going to fault me in any way as the Atheist Fag Meths Addict I am today. In the beginning, it was me venting my anger at Bob and Janet Gary who used to live in the house across the street from me; angry with the Gary's over what I saw as their unfair use of perniciousness and prevarication by a missionary family well versed in human psychology against someone like me already stigmatized at birth due to a hearing impairment before even knowing I was going to turn out gay as well. Felt I had gotten burned...BAD...through reverse elders abuse. They went around letting people believe they were retired, while Bob Gary still working just down the street from us at Care and Counseling Center of Georgia where they have programs for addictions and anger management. I'm determined not letting them getting away so easily with this indifference of theirs toward me. To make a long story short, just going to quote Maya Angelou and stop here:

"Modesty is learned affectation. And as soon as life slams the modest person against the wall, that modesty drops."

In the process, seems I've learned how to loop God into a circle and hang him from around our necks( or maybe it's just mine) like an albatross.

Just call it negative theology. Somewhere, somehow, someone is going to have to be making up the difference for all this Jesus CBT crap they've got everyone doped up on now-a-days..
Edited on 31 Mar
Picture of James Avery
James Avery from Mason Mill30 Mar

Noelle, did my reply to your message help answer any part of your question of me?


EditDelete

Picture of James Avery
James Avery from Mason Mill30 Mar

Susie, here's your "F**K You!" pic you requested someone send you. Have a whole bunch more I can send you if you like? Least I can do. Just love that painting of yours I salvaged from your garbage by the roadside late one evening. Even more so glad I didn't get shot by some trigger happy gun owing neighbor!









No comments:

Post a Comment