JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE

JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE
BE CAREFUL!!! GOT A FRIEND WITH ME HAVING THE LUCKY FIN OF A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE! WE CAN BE VERBALLY AGGRESSIVE.

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY
FUSION CUISINE: JESUS, EINSTEIN, and MICKEY MOUSE + INTERNETS (E = mc3) = TAO ~g(ZERO the HERO)d~OG

About Me

My photo
Hearing impaired (tendency to appear dumb, dense, and/or aloof), orthodox atheist (believe faith more harmful than doubt), self depreciating sense of humor (confident/not to be confused with low self esteem), ribald sense of humor (satorical/mocking when sensing Condescension), confirmed bachelor (my fate if not my choosing), freakish inclination (unpredictable non-traditionalist opinions), free spirit (nor conformist bohemian) Believe others have said it better...... "Jim! You can be SO SMART, but you can be SO DUMB!" "Jim! You make such a MARTYR of yourself." "He's a nice guy, but...." "You must be from up NORTH!" "You're such a DICK!" "You CRAZY!" "Where the HELL you from?" "Don't QUITE know how to take your personality." My favorite, "You have this... NEED... to be....HONEST!"

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

EQUIPOISE - Tuesday, November 22, 2016
















***




Definitions for equipoise
  1. an equal distribution of weight; even balance; equilibrium.
  2. a counterpoise.
  3. to equal or offset in weight; balance.


***


Citations for equipoise
We're neither better nor worse than each other, we're an equipoise in difference--but in difference, mind, not in sameness.D. H. Lawrence, "Education of the People," Reflections on the Death of a Porcupine and Other Essays, 1925
… [The art of true government] is to allow and, indeed, to encourage the development of different interacting and counteracting forces, creating an equipoise with a strength and stability that are otherwise unattainable.Sir Arthur Salter, "Broadening the Foundations of Peace," The Rotarian, February 1937

***



***

RecPlanet
1 week ago

HIGHLIGHTED COMMENT
he said you're a menace, not an embarrassment.
   

Jim Ed Avery
1 week ago

THANK YOU!

BTW  That's the same old man who stopped his car one busy afternoon and kept yelling something at me while I was standing on the sidewalk; me repeatedly yelling back to him that I'm hearing impaired and that he needed to pull his car into my driveway.  He eventually just waved me off and drove on.  Then he does the same thing the next morning.  This time, not seeing any other cars approaching us, I just walked out into the street up to his car.  While standing bent over in the median,  almost having to stick my head through the opened driver's side window just to hear from him something he's obviously thinking I'm needing to hear, this is what I had to listen to:

 "What you do with those other people, I do not care; that's your business.  But what do the,,,JEWS... have to do with any of this?  Why drag the JEWS... into...THIS!"

Assuming he was referring to the more recent additions to my signs having members from the Westboro Baptist Church holding signs, I said to him, "Those signs are their opinions.  Those signs are my attempts trying to show you the difference between their signs and my signs."

And this is where he...ANGRILY... says something back to me, but, not until after he begins driving off;  automatically, setting off "triggers."

As an attempt trying to explain to others my needs as a  person having a moderately severe hearing loss, I find myself frequently  volunteering to people: "What I'm hearing is one third what I've actually heard, one third what I've lip read, and one third what I'm filling in by context.  It can get amusing at time..?"

In other words, the same as you should not talk to me while walking away from me; you do not talk to me while driving away from me either.  Especially after putting myself in harms way only accommodating this old man's needs.

[In an interview published by Time magazine with George Sylvester Viereck, Einstein spoke of his feelings about Christianity. Born in Germany in 1884 Viereck supported German nationalism, but was not anti-semitic. He was imprisoned in America in 1942; as a German propagandist, he failed to register as a Nazi agent.  Like Einstein  Viereck was a pacifist; Viereck was accused of treason and expelled from the American Author's League because of his articles attacking war. At the time of the interview Einstein was informed that Viereck was not Jewish, but stated that Viereck had "..the psychic adaptability of the Jew," making it possible for Einstein to talk to him "without barrier". Viereck began by asking Einstein if he considered himself a German or a Jew, to which Einstein responded, "It's possible to be both." Viereck moved along in the interview to ask Einstein if Jews should try to assimilate, to which Einstein replied "We Jews have been too eager to sacrifice our idiosyncrasies in order to conform." Einstein was then asked to what extent he was influenced by Christianity. "As a child I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene." Einstein was then asked if he accepted the historical existence of Jesus, to which he replied, "Unquestionably! No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life." 
He stressed however in a conversation with William Hermanns that, "I seriously doubt that Jesus himself said that he was God, for he was too much a Jew to violate that great commandment: Hear O Israel, the Eternal is our God and He is one!' and not two or three." Einstein lamented, "Sometimes I think it would have been better if Jesus had never lived. No name was so abused for the sake of power!" Nevertheless, he also expressed his belief that "if one purges the Judaism of the Prophets and Christianity as Jesus Christ taught it of all subsequent additions, especially those of the priests, one is left with a teaching which is capable of curing all the social ills of humanity."]

 As the neighborhood I'm wanting to believe I'm living  extends halfway around the world all four directions to same point Indian Ocean,  you can't get any bigger a neighborhood than this.   A  person who thinks like this is going to think differently than one believing just Mason Mill to his/her/their neighborhood.  And on this rock you will build my church.  Someone needing to tell this old  man that it's possible to be both you know.

[Under Nazi Germany every prisoner had to wear a concentration camp badge on their jacket, the color of which categorized them into groups. Gay men had to wear the Pink Triangle. Other colors identified Jewish people (two triangles superimposed as a yellow star), political prisoners, Jehovah's Witnesses, "anti-social" prisoners, and others the Nazis deemed undesirable. 
While the number of gay men in German concentration camps is hard to estimate, Richard Plant gives a rough estimate of the number of men convicted for homosexuality "between 1933 to 1944 at between 50,000 and 63,000." 
After the camps were liberated at the end of the Second World War, many of the pink triangle prisoners were often simply re-imprisoned by the Allied-established Federal Republic of Germany. An openly gay man named Heinz Dörmer, for instance, served 20 years total, first in a Nazi concentration camp and then in the jails of the new Republic. In fact, the Nazi amendments to Paragraph 175, which turned homosexuality from a minor offense into a felony, remained intact in both East and West Germany after the war for a further 24 years. While suits seeking monetary compensation have failed, in 2002 the German government issued an official apology to the gay community.]

Anyone who has a problem with me and my signs are more than welcomed pulling into my driveway for us discussing these signs.  Or parking their car just around the corner on one of the two side streets and either walking uphill or walking downhill  to my property for us discussing these signs at a more leisurely pace.
   

***

No comments:

Post a Comment