JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE

JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE
BE CAREFUL!!! GOT A FRIEND WITH ME HAVING THE LUCKY FIN OF A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE! WE CAN BE VERBALLY AGGRESSIVE.

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY
FUSION CUISINE: JESUS, EINSTEIN, and MICKEY MOUSE + INTERNETS (E = mc3) = TAO ~g(ZERO the HERO)d~OG

About Me

My photo
Hearing impaired (tendency to appear dumb, dense, and/or aloof), orthodox atheist (believe faith more harmful than doubt), self depreciating sense of humor (confident/not to be confused with low self esteem), ribald sense of humor (satorical/mocking when sensing Condescension), confirmed bachelor (my fate if not my choosing), freakish inclination (unpredictable non-traditionalist opinions), free spirit (nor conformist bohemian) Believe others have said it better...... "Jim! You can be SO SMART, but you can be SO DUMB!" "Jim! You make such a MARTYR of yourself." "He's a nice guy, but...." "You must be from up NORTH!" "You're such a DICK!" "You CRAZY!" "Where the HELL you from?" "Don't QUITE know how to take your personality." My favorite, "You have this... NEED... to be....HONEST!"

Thursday, February 12, 2015

TAKING A BREAK: PAUL'S USE OF HIS FREEDOM?

1 Corinthians 9:16-23
New International Version
(NIV)


16 For when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, since I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel! 17 If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily, I am simply discharging the trust committed to me. 18 What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make full use of my rights as a preacher of the gospel.

Paul’s Use of His Freedom

19 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

New International Version
(NIV)

Jesus Heals Many

29 As soon as they left the synagogue, they went with James and John to the home of Simon and Andrew. 30 Simon’s mother-in-law was in bed with a fever, and they immediately told Jesus about her. 31 So he went to her, took her hand and helped her up. The fever left her and she began to wait on them.

32 That evening after sunset the people brought to Jesus all the sick and demon-possessed. 33 The whole town gathered at the door, 34 and Jesus healed many who had various diseases. He also drove out many demons, but he would not let the demons speak because they knew who he was.

Jesus Prays in a Solitary Place

35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. 36 Simon and his companions went to look for him, 37 and when they found him, they exclaimed: “Everyone is looking for you!”

38 Jesus replied, “Let us go somewhere else—to the nearby villages—so I can preach there also. That is why I have come.” 39 So he traveled throughout Galilee, preaching in their synagogues and driving out demons.



***


Not sure I understand how Rev. Dr. Beths sermon "Take a Break" relates to today's gospel lesson.  She even bring up a sign that had been rented by an atheist group:

TAKE A BREAK. 
SKIP CHURCH TODAY.

Personally, 
I think there has been a major miscommunication between both these two groups; 
or at least the atheist were not thinking our Methodists in general when renting this sign.

"My name is James Avery.  I'm a veterinarian who lives in this house.  
Not only am I gay, I'm atheist as well."
~(Simply Jim:  Radical Atheist)~

"Oh!  We're not that kind of Christian!"
~(iJanet Gary:  Wife of George R. Gary, Sr. MDiv, ThD and mother to G. R. Gary, Jr. MDiv)~

The Methodists have already turned church service into a "brain candy" break.  There is no serious discussion within this church; none that I've seen so far anyway.

It's all so scripted it's nothing but living a lie.

As one member of St. Mark UMC said it best, when the two of us having crossed paths in the parking lot outside St. Mark UMC, that evening tried explaining to him my understanding of John 3:

"Sounds like you are preaching to me? I don't listen to people who preach to me."
~(Don Clarke)~

"OBVIOUSLY NOT HERE EITHER!"
~(Simply Jim:  Mature Methodist Crackhead)~

I had just attended my first crystal meths anonymous meeting that Tuesday evening confirming what I pretty much already knew;  a complete disaster:

"I can't help you."
~(Rev. Dr. Beth of St. Mark UMC)~

"Yes you...CAN...help me.  You have... JUST CHOSEN... not to.
That's love stronger than justice."
~(Simply Jim:  Mature Methodist Crackhead)~ 

"{...VAGINAL?MONOLOGUE?RANT...}"
~(Rev. Dr. Beth of St. Mark UMC)~

"But I'm not anonymous!"
~(Simply Jim: Mature Methodist Crackhead)~

"NEITHER ARE THEY, REALLY!"
~(Rev. Dr. Beth of St. Mark UMC)~

"Deanna (St. Mark UMC Business Manager) already told me,
HER LOYALTIES,
were with the congregation 
(as opposed to the Methodist hierarchy)."
~(Simply Jim:  Mature Methodist Crackhead)~

"Going to hang up now. 
Bye.
AND I....DOOOOOO....LOOOVE...MY CONGREGATION! "
~(CATHOLIC FAG HAG PAID A METHODIST ADMINISTER)~

She even talks about the habits of students studying for exams; how those who got a decent amount of sleep did consistently better than those who stayed up all night cramming for exams the following day.  What she fails to understand,  what if these students did not stay up all night cramming for these exams; would they have even passed the exams..?

It would all depend on what they were keeping themselves busy with instead,
when should have (or couldn't have) been keeping up with the lessons all along.  This could be called networking for some.  Nothing better to for others.  Having to work or other responsibilities that could not be ignored.  Good grades do not necessarily translate into a successful career; graduating being the only guarantee. 

My straight A's began about the time boys and girls started pairing off.  You can even look at my grades and tell when I decided to check out the other sex my second year of veterinary school; my bank account withdrawals when becoming addicted to the crystal meths.

When thinking more about it, an activity also requiring a surplus of free time, do not believe I even had much luck making friends until my first illegal substance; an Ecstasy pill.  This pill was given to me by a group I began hanging out with in Jacksonville, Florida; my second through fifth year after graduating veterinary school. They had insisted I join them partying , at least that one night, which would be the last Saturday evening spending in Jacksonville, Florida before moving to on Atlanta, Georgia.

 Following the peripatetic winds again due to my chosen career not playing out too well.

But I did like the part where, on the Sabbath, even the animals got a break. 

Intensive animal farming or industrial livestock production, also called factory farming, is a modern form of intensive farming that refers to the keeping of livestock, such as cattle, poultry (including in "Battery cages") and fish at higher stocking densities than is usually the case with other forms of animal agriculture — a practice typical in industrial farming by agribusinesses. The main products of this industry are meat, milk and eggs for human consumption. There are issues regarding whether factory farming is sustainable and ethical.

Confinement at high stocking density is one part of a systematic effort to produce the highest output at the lowest cost by relying on economies of scale, modern machinery, biotechnology, and global trade. Confinement at high stocking density requires the use of antibiotics and pesticides to mitigate the spread of disease and pestilence exacerbated by these crowded living conditions. In addition, antibiotics are used to stimulate livestock growth by killing intestinal bacteria. There are differences in the way factory farming techniques are practiced around the world. There is a continuing debate over the benefits, risks and ethical questions of factory farming. The issues include the efficiency of food production; animal welfare; whether it is essential for feeding the growing global population; and the environmental impact (e.g. pollution) and health risks.

The practice is widespread in developed nations. According to the Worldwatch Institute, as of 2006, 74 percent of the world's poultry, 43 percent of beef, 50 percent of pork, and 68 percent of eggs were produced this way.


But...
does this sermon,

TAKE A BREAK,

apply to today's time and methods..?

What about our pets of today; those having soccer moms chauffeuring them everywhere from pet daycare centers when owners at work then agility classes afterwards.  Do we not still, single mothers having trouble finding affordable daycare for their own children when having to work providing just the bare necessities for their families; even unable doing so. 

Then there are our pets home alone all day; ending up abandoned at shelters, even euthanized, due to inappropriate behavior.  And I can't help but begin to realize, based on my own personal experiences, these inappropriate behavior sounding whole lot more like bipolar on top of unipolar depression; when owners coming home at the end of a long day..?

  I'm able working on a sliding scale with this one;
case by case.

And does ...God ...really need having anything to do with any of this?

WHAT DOES GOD"S SILENCE IN THE PENULTIMACY MEAN AND DO FOR OUR PEOPLE OF FAITH WOULD DO THE SAME FOR ME SHOULD I CHOOSE ALLOWING GOD DOING SO?

However,
able working on a sliding scale even with this one.

And itt pisses me off ,
how,
with our supposedly people of faith...
unable doing the same in reverse.


HOW DOES ONE SELL A DRUG TO AN AUDIENCE HAVING ALREADY BOUGHT IT?

In the end, after all is said and done, it'still just another job.

"Mother.  
Just think of it as a cover charge getting into a bar or sex club.  
Don't let this...BUSINESS... of passing the offering plate around...TOWARD THE END...of service fool you into...THINKING...it any different.
All of this...COST...money!" 
~(Simply Jim:  Mature Methodist Crackhead)~


Someone has to be out here in the real world making all this money they are wanting you bringing into their churches;
already ashamed, already guilty.

"We can't...ALL...be Priest!
AND/OR PASTORS, EITHER!"
~(SimplyJim:  Mature Methodist Crackhead)~

Expiating
(confessions?money laundering)
for
sins without consent by their victims.



Paul's Use of His Freedom..?



***


Hosea 6:9 


King James Version 

(KJV)

And as troops of robbers wait for a man, so the company of priests murder in the way by consent: for they commit lewdness.


538 . 
Rev Dr Elizabeth LaRocca-Pitts    

AMRY 
   
$90,010 
(Salary + Utilities) 

$1,000 

(Reimb) 

$91,010 

(Total)

$24,500 
(Housing Allow) 

 St Mark UMC Atlanta 

1,883 
(Mbrs)

19 
(Net)



539 . 
Rev Mark LaRocca-Pitts 

AMRY 

$56,100 
(Salary + Utilities) 

 $6,000 
(Reimb) 

$62,100
 (Total) 

$0 
(Housing Allow)

Crossroads Hospice

Mbrs 
(-?-) 

 Net
(-?-)


803 . 
Rev Dr Alice Rogers 

AMRY 

$142,335 
(Salary + Utilities) 

$8,000 
(Reimb)

$150,335
(Total)  

$0 
(Housing Allow)

Glenn Memorial UMC
2,004 
(Mbrs)

41 
(Net)

945 . Rev John Turlington ATHN $35,000 $1,000 $36,000 $17,100 Tuckston UMC Athens 1,293 -8

383 . Rev Jennifer Hansen AMRY $32,900 $0 $32,900 $17,100 St Mark UMC Atlanta 1,883 19

20 . Rev Josh Amerson AMRY $33,166 $2,000 $35,166 $17,200 Glenn Memorial UMC 2,004 41

752 . Rev Susan M. Pinson AMRY $40,784 $4,000 $44,784 $18,500 Glenn Memorial UMC 2,004 41  

835 . Rev Blair Setnor AMRY $33,166 $2,000 $35,166 $17,200 Glenn Memorial UMC 2,004 41

325 . Rev Bert Gary ACPK $23,800 $0 $23,800 $0 Owl Rock UMC 46 -2

456 . Rev Carole Hulslander AMRY $63,840 $2,520 $66,360 $21,600 Still Waters UMC 210 8

No comments:

Post a Comment