JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE

JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE
BE CAREFUL!!! GOT A FRIEND WITH ME HAVING THE LUCKY FIN OF A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE! WE CAN BE VERBALLY AGGRESSIVE.

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY
FUSION CUISINE: JESUS, EINSTEIN, and MICKEY MOUSE + INTERNETS (E = mc3) = TAO ~g(ZERO the HERO)d~OG

About Me

My photo
Hearing impaired (tendency to appear dumb, dense, and/or aloof), orthodox atheist (believe faith more harmful than doubt), self depreciating sense of humor (confident/not to be confused with low self esteem), ribald sense of humor (satorical/mocking when sensing Condescension), confirmed bachelor (my fate if not my choosing), freakish inclination (unpredictable non-traditionalist opinions), free spirit (nor conformist bohemian) Believe others have said it better...... "Jim! You can be SO SMART, but you can be SO DUMB!" "Jim! You make such a MARTYR of yourself." "He's a nice guy, but...." "You must be from up NORTH!" "You're such a DICK!" "You CRAZY!" "Where the HELL you from?" "Don't QUITE know how to take your personality." My favorite, "You have this... NEED... to be....HONEST!"

Saturday, January 14, 2017

PETITION SUPPORTERS - Reasons for Signing

Reasons for Signing

See why other supporters are signing, why this petition is important to them, and share your reason for signing (this will mean a lot to the starter of the petition).

I grew up in the house across the street. My parents moved from the house in part because they were tired of dealing with Mr. Ed's signs, blow-up decorations, and his harassing nature both on a personal level as well as with my parents' prior employer and with their church. My parents and others have had to seek restraining orders to keep Mr. Ed from harassing them with his vulgar language and threatening comments. Unfortunately, this has not really slowed Mr. Ed down. I helped my parents rent the property after they moved. The property was impossible to rent to families. One family admitted they were concerned with Mr. Ed and his front yard antics (especially some of the vulgar language on some of the signs). We ended up renting to a company from out of state that needed a place in the area for its subcontractors to live temporarily. These guys were experienced gun owners and thus were not scared by Mr. Ed thankfully. Mr. Ed also distracts drivers with signs, waiving flags, costumes, and this is quite distracting to drivers and pedestrians rounding this known dangerous curve in the neighborhood.Mr. Ed has admitted in emails and postings on the internet to having used or presently using illegal drugs. His actions and behavior are, to be blunt, nothing less than scary. In this day and age where we see unstable people turning violent, his ongoing presence in the neighborhood I grew up in is quite concerning and needs to be aggressively fought by the county and/or state authorities.


Brooke Goodwin
Decatur, GA
5 months ago
I agree with this petition.

Amy Leiter
Decatur, GA
5 months ago
The yard is offensive and can not be avoided. It deteriorates any quality of any neighborhood. Concern the owner is not of sound mind.

Trisha Hedden
Decatur, GA
5 months ago
The F*** sign in the front by the driveway! There are a lot of families in this area and frankly.... He is scary to the children

Valorie Kozi
Decatur, GA
5 months ago
Make him stop! Not appropriate for children to read the "f" word as we ride by

M & J Thomas
Decatur, GA
5 months ago
We are so offended and even frightened at the offensive language on the many signs and bizarre behavior of the occupant in front of the house on Mason Mill in Decatur. Surely there is something that can be done to end this. I have seen it for years but it seems it has increased significantly. We wonder where this will lead to and ask that steps be taken to cease this activity.
M. Thomas

Jean De Oliveira
Atlanta, GA
6 months ago
Hate crimes and incitement of hatred and violence towards protected classes are ILLEGAL!

Lori Cobbs
Atlanta, GA
6 months ago
Appalling. This man needs mental help.

Jennifer Brooks
Atlanta, GA
6 months ago
Because such an abusive display has no place in the public eye.

Jill Cooper
Atlanta, GA
6 months ago
My children are exposed to frightening visuals. My daughter has nightmares about strangled monkeys. The foul language is horrible. House prices will go down,

Brett Clay
Decatur, GA
6 months ago
I was in that neighborhood looking at a home for sale. I chose not to pursue the home after seeing this guy and hearing he's been an ongoing problem.

Ashley Bryant
Atlanta, GA
6 months ago
Distracting for drivers

Amy Wilson
Decatur, GA
6 months ago
This is a total distraction and disturbing situation

cindy crouch
atlanta, GA
6 months ago
These signs in this man's yard were so offensive. I can't believe it is legal for him to write such obscene words. I had my children in the car with me. They were so upset by what they read. I am disgusted that he has not been arrested or stopped!!

Shayna Rabinovitz
Atlanta, GA
6 months ago
I am a kid and this made me very traumatized because he wrote such hateful things

Emma Crouch
Atlanta, GA
6 months ago
I'm a 13 year old girl and seeing this is traumatizing. This changed my life and how I look at it. I know the amendment says freedom of speech but that has this has gone too far . I know many people feel this way! This man come out and point guns at cars and yells at them! Kid will see this and it will ruin there life. I cry every night because of it! Make it stop please!
- Emma

Sandra Mullins
Decatur, GA
7 months ago
We are concerned with the message on the signs and pictures used on the signs of our staff with threatening comments.

marybeth HAYES
Decatur, GA
7 months ago
It is offensive to drive down the street, he at times seems to threaten cars and yells when you try to walk by. It is a shame that we cannot walk sown the street.
I actually looked at buying a house on this street and did not because of him.

William Gary
Pearl, MS
7 months ago
My grandparents live across the street from the house in question. They have faced years of harassment and they were in essence force from the home they lived in for over 60 years. I, and every other member of our family, simply want my grandparents to live their golden years in peace.

Ron McCauley
Atlanta, GA
7 months ago
This man is a nuisance and a hazard to traffic. His signs are frequently offensive.

Lisa Kotora
Atlanta, GA
7 months ago
I would also note that when I drove down Mason Mill Road past his house on June 15, 2016 he pointed his right hand at me as if it were a gun and used his thumb to "pull the trigger." This is threatening behavior that cannot be allowed to escalate.

Jason Goldstein
Decatur, GA
7 months ago
These signs and antics are a traffic hazard to MM motorists and offensive for children. Motorists are often captive to signs with disturbed no language and incoherent rants that are a reflection of the resident's mental illness.

Charlotte Neil
Decatur, GA
7 months ago
Ordinances should be enforced in neighborhoods. He is a nuisance and eyesore to the street with his ugly, hateful rhetoric.

Sarah Anderson
Atlanta, GA
7 months ago
This is beyond distracting to drivers. It creates a danger and frankly the content of the signs is threatening. I strongly encourage those who are in a place to effect change to go view the yard and see just what a significant distraction this is.

Robert Feil
Dectur, GA
7 months ago
I drive past every day to and from work. It is a maniacal rage of rude,vulgar and offensive items. Purposely distracting drivers. No clear message or reason other than to annoy neighbors. Abuse of overstated freedom of expression. Many times has fowl language and suggestive themes.

Patricia Symonette
Atlanta, GA
7 months ago
I work 0.2 miles from 1840. I pass the abomination regularly, and the insanity has worsened for years now. I’m amazed that he has not been stopped. For the benefit of all including himself, he should be hospitalized and all yard ornamentation disposed of.

Margaret Shawcross
Athens, GA
7 months ago
My friend Andie's grandparents own the house directly across the street and it is impossible for them to rent it out due to Jim Ed. Moreover, Ed's signage is threatening and offensive.

Camilla Sherman
Athens, GA
7 months ago
Those signs are ridiculous and need to be taken down!

Mary Cobb
Decatur, GA
7 months ago
He gets more and more provocative and threatening. I'm worried that he will become violent towards me or my family. My family has lived in this neighborhood since 1986.

Tommy Segers
McDonough, GA
7 months ago
My family owns a house across the street.

Michael Gary
Bogart, GA
7 months ago
I lived across from this address growing up, and witnessed and/or heard many frightening accidents on that dangerous curve over the years. The addition of bizarre and inappropriate signs and displays, and often obscene behavior, right at that dangerous curve, tips the scales significantly.

Cindy Connor
Apison, TN
7 months ago
I am signing this petition because I grew up on Vistavia Circle right off of Mason Mill Rd. I am deeply saddened that the natural beauty of that area has been compromised by such unattractive, distasteful signs.

Martha Wilson
Denham Springs, LA
7 months ago
My family has lived across the street from this family for years and reported many problems. Please someone make this behavior stop!

Andie Ashe
Atlanta, GA
7 months ago
His signs are a nuisance and some of them are offensive. He clearly needs help.

Cindy Statham Hestla
Columbia, TN
7 months ago
I grew up on Vistavia Circle and it is still a beautiful area. I believe in freedom of expression but not to the point that it endangers drivers on Mason Mill. What point is he trying to make anyway?

Bert Gary
Atlanta, GA
7 months ago
My family owns 1841 Mason Mill Rd. directly across the street from 1840. The owner of 1840 has harassed my family personally and online for years without provocation. My parents moved out as a result. We may never be able to sell property with the psychotic, drug-induced behaviors and outrageous, profane displays in the front yard of 1840. Be advised that he is a relentless, sadistic provocateur who enjoys notoriety and confrontation. Thank you for your prompt action.

Susan Landry
Decatur, GA
7 months ago
The signage is heightened significantly at afternoon traffic times, and then reduced again. It is a very dangerous situation--we have seen people nearly run off the road as the orange flags were being waved.

Louis Landry
Decatur, GA
7 months ago
I own the property directly across. I have witnessed several unsafe conditions caused by this individual including locked braking and alarmed drivers due to brilliant colored flags being waved near traffic flow. I have witness very inappropriate language on signs. I have witness person sitting naked in lawn chair in driveway. I have had the person verbally harass me and person I have hired to perform work at my home. These behaviors are lowering property appeal and thus value in the local area.

Debbie Page
Decatur, GA
7 months ago
These signs create a traffic hazard and some of the words are unsuitable for children. The signs say hateful words against groups of individuals in society.

M. Ayres Gardner
Decatur, GA
8 months ago
The aesthetic appearance and racist, homophobic designs and messages, and traffic disruption are horrible. The whole mess presented by this yard is detrimental to my property values.

Jane H
Decatur, GA
8 months ago
I've driven Mason Mill all my life and loved the drive, now I dread it...seeing insane up close and personal is upsetting.

Marian Gordin
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
There was a sign saying, "sometimes you have to pick up a gun to put down a gun." I found this very disturbing as is the full-face sock-monkey mask. This person is escalating his disruptive activities. If he "goes off the rails" do we want to look back and say, why didn't someone do something to intervene?

Jonathan Flacker
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
please stop the signs with offensive language. This is unacceptable for a street that has kids driving by every day

Remus Monds
Decatur, GA
8 months ago
This is a threat to public safety as a traffic hazard. I often walk my dogs on Mason Mill going to and from the park and these excessive signs create an unsafe situation.

John Zellars Jr
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
traffic hazard, nuisance, detriment to property values

Ilze S. Henderson
Decatur, GA
8 months ago
Because i agree with the DeKalb County Code of Ordinances

Cindy Clark
Decatur, GA
8 months ago
I'm signing because I am offended at many of the signs out front. The language on many is extremely offensive. Freedom of speech is wonderful but this house is not acting on that right. The residents seem to only be interested in posting offensive, hateful, downright nasty signs in their yard!

Amy Jo Patrick
Decatur, GA
8 months ago
enough is enough! It is an eye sore and not sure what point they are making when I go to the park or over to a friends house

Robert Sherrill
Decatur, GA
8 months ago
I am tired of seeing this person break the law for no reason.

Neil Kalnitz
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
I am disgusted and embarrassed to pass this house daily. It is rude and dangerous and needs to be removed

Cindy Spalding
Decatur, GA
8 months ago
we went past this house 3 days ago for a boy scout picnic at a park 1/4 mile away. I was trying to read and drive but only got bits of any sign. One seemed very offensive but I didn't have time to confirm that it said what I thought it said. When leaving the picnic, a clown type person was out there waiving to all the passerbys.

Kathy Phillips
Decatur, GA
8 months ago
We need less crazies in this world!

Erica Stelten
Decatur, GA
8 months ago
These signs are ridiculous, offensive, and a hazard because everyone looks at them instead of at the road.

Tanya Cassingham
Decatur, GA
8 months ago
I have to pass this house twice a day, it is disturbing.

Vicki Walton-Mouw
Decatur, GA
8 months ago
The foul language on the signs is offensive. If my kids are with me, I tell them to look away from the scary man. They can read and many of the signs are not appropriate for kids under 10.

Matt Sloane
Decatur, GA
8 months ago
I agree

Ryan Herrick
Central, SC
8 months ago
I have passed these signs and the dancing man in front of the home many times. This is a public nuissance and is innaproriate for young children, let alone an eyesore and a detriment to home values.

Elisabeth Lunz
Decatur, GA
8 months ago
As a retired pastor, I am familiar with the tragedy of people afflicted with behavior like Jim Ed Avery's, but have never experienced before such prolonged neglect of his mental illness, his safety, and that of an entire neighborhood. Intervention has been needed and legally appropriate for years. His aggressive and threatening stance is a clear harbinger of violence, with signs of actual domestic terrorism. May God deliver him and us from such an outcome, with the hoped for aid of Delalb County.

Michael Berkowitz
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
I was stuck in traffic and my children and I were very disturbed by the verbiage in the signs. I feel they crossed the line of decency.

Betsy Cenker
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
The signs are distracting to drivers on Mason Mill.

Robin Saul
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
His property is an eyesore and is offensive.




Jodi Wittenberg
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
The dancing man in costume waving multiple flags is extremely distracting while driving. The signs have offensive and aggressive language that is not suitable for my family to read.

Christina Martin
Decatur, GA
8 months ago
I'm all for freedom of expression. This yard is a living nightmare and simply dangerous to pass while driving.

Jonathan Dubin
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
There are numerous signs (some offensive) and It is a driving hazard besides detracting from the surrounding properties.

David Wain
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
I have seen this guy (I assume it is a man)! This guy wears a mask as he dances to loud music, and does some crazy flag routine. Not sure what this person is trying to accomplish other than a hateful agenda based on the verbiage of the signs.

Elizabeth Benefield
Decatur, GA
8 months ago
Several of his signs use language that is offensive. We live in a lovely neighborhood and I feel this is detrimental to it.

Krista Wain
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
Children live in this neighborhood. Also his behavior is VERY erratic and unsafe.

Arthur Haber
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
I drive by this ridiculous mess everyday. Not only is it non sense but it distracts drivers. I feel sorry for immediate neighbors who'd property value is clearly effected by this nut. I have often had to honk at drivers stopping to try and red this non sense!

Liza Davis
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
A number of the resident's signs are offensive and some even contain profanity. The signs and blow-up figures are an eyesore and threaten to lower property values in the area, making it difficult for neighbors adjacent to the resident's house or across form it to see their homes.

John Huey
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
The county should enforce the law. The signs violate a number of ordinances and the residents flag waiving is an obvious attempt to draw drivers eyes away from a road that is marked as "curvy" and has traffic calming devices already. Drivers also often stop in front of the house to read the signs which also creates a hazard.

Faith Clifford
Decatur, GA
8 months ago
I'm, signing this petition because existing regulations need to be enforced.

Kimberly Axelrod
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
The signs are offensive, a distraction to drivers and not appropriate for children to be seeing.

Lynn Koffsky
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
It is an eyesore

Edward Koffsky
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
All of the reasons listed in the petition reflect my opinion. DeKalb County needs to enforce Its ordinances ASAP.

reuven michoel robbins
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
BS"D

We find many of these signs offensive.

Flo Wolf
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
This is a traffic nuisance. It's very distracting to a driver who approaches this house for the first time. It appears that someone is flagging down cars for an unknown reason and could cause cars to stop sort.

Meyer J. Greenberg
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
It's a distraction to all drivers. What's it going take for this to stop, some terrible accident or someone else to "DIE".

Alisa Haber
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
One time road workers were trying to direct traffic and he continued to wave an orange flag which caused several near misses as drivers were unsure if they could pass yet or not. It is very dangerous.

Carl Lange
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
This is an act of aggression towards neighbors impacting everyone's way of life in the surrounding area.

Yisef Razin
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
Local who is impacted

Wendy Solon
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
This yard is an embarrassment to our neighborhood, an unsafe distraction to drivers, and inappropriate for children (or anyone) to be exposed to.

Jessica wilson
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
i was stuck in traffic right in front of the signs with young kids who could read in the car. The signs are very inappropriate

Betsy Alexander
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
The signs are offensive and an embarrassment to the neighborhood.

Josh Wittenberg
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
my children and I have to pass this way every day to school and work, my parents live on the next street and it has been horrible for them to see the language and matter that is displayed. also the signs are so close to the path they are distracting for when kids ride bikes or walk.

Claire Flanagan
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
This is a designated "Aging in Place Community". Seniors who drive in the area need sineage the assists the driver. Distractions are unwelcome.

Claire Flanagan
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
I live in this community and the distractions are so frequent that they result in a safety hazard. So annoying.

Juan Gutierrez
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
The visual contamination is evident. The subject has clearly violated the local codes. How far can he go before being stopped?

Harriet Holloway
Decatur, GA
8 months ago
In addition to the facts in Mr. Rasulnia's letter, at times the resident wears masks while he is flag dancing and yelling at cars. At times he has some sort of toy gun that shoots bubbles at the cars on Mason Mill, and is otherwise disturbing. An obvious change has taken place in this person. Up until about 10 years ago, he used to have appropriate, tasteful holiday decorations in his yard for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. But something made him take a change for the worse. I do my best to ignore him but, it just needs to stop.

Eric Hager
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
Please make as many neighbors aware of this petition

nancy Sokolove
asheville, NC
8 months ago
I am a near-by neighbor who is impacted by this resident.

Charles Bliss
Decatur, GA
8 months ago
This guy is a community nuisance, offensive, in violation, and direct defiance to county code ordinances. County code allows 24 sq ft ground signage 10 feet back from sidewalk. This resident has 120 sq ft ground signage, 5 times the allowable amount. Not to mention the seasonal inflatables, flag dancing, and yelling at cars. I want DeKalb county to uphold county codes to limit his infringement on my persuit of happiness.

Stephanie Donlan
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
The signs and dancing are very distractive and dangerous and take away from property values. I also think attention should be made to this resident to make sure he isn't a threat to society.

Josh Lovelock
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
I would like all my neighbors to follow county ordinances

Tim Oliver
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
Such a deplorable eyesore and nuisance.

Lewis Curtis
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
We should all obey the Code of Ordinances of DeKalb County. Selective enforcement destroys the entire process. If anyone wants to do something not allowed by the ordinances, he are she should organize to have them changed.

Julie Chesin
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
The signs and balloons are offensive and sometimes blatantly obscene. This man also is often in front of his home wearing a mask and waving flags which is a distraction and dangerous for drivers.

Elizabeth Washburn
Atlanta, GA
8 months ago
Codes should be enforced. Displaying personal views should be expressed in the proper forums, no spewed over landscapes

No comments:

Post a Comment