JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE

JELLYFISH AND A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE
BE CAREFUL!!! GOT A FRIEND WITH ME HAVING THE LUCKY FIN OF A CLOWNFISH NAMED VOLTAIRE! WE CAN BE VERBALLY AGGRESSIVE.

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY

E = mc3: THE NEED FOR NEGATIVE THEOLOGY
FUSION CUISINE: JESUS, EINSTEIN, and MICKEY MOUSE + INTERNETS (E = mc3) = TAO ~g(ZERO the HERO)d~OG

About Me

My photo
Hearing impaired (tendency to appear dumb, dense, and/or aloof), orthodox atheist (believe faith more harmful than doubt), self depreciating sense of humor (confident/not to be confused with low self esteem), ribald sense of humor (satorical/mocking when sensing Condescension), confirmed bachelor (my fate if not my choosing), freakish inclination (unpredictable non-traditionalist opinions), free spirit (nor conformist bohemian) Believe others have said it better...... "Jim! You can be SO SMART, but you can be SO DUMB!" "Jim! You make such a MARTYR of yourself." "He's a nice guy, but...." "You must be from up NORTH!" "You're such a DICK!" "You CRAZY!" "Where the HELL you from?" "Don't QUITE know how to take your personality." My favorite, "You have this... NEED... to be....HONEST!"

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

JANET GARY: "OH WE'RE NOT THAT KIND OF CHRISTIAN!"


***

Subject: [No Subject]
From: James Avery (jeaverydvm87@att.net)
To: ggary@emory.edu;
Cc: jgary@LearnLink.Emory.Edu;
Bcc:
Date: Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:26 PM



Dr. Gary,

I just got back from Georgia Regional Hospital with copies of my medical records as well as those from Dekalb Crisis Center. While I was there, I spoke to my doctor, Dr. Parker, a small black women. I had just received another pathetic letter from my mother, whom I stopped all communication with, still believing her son has a mental illness. What I wanted to know from Dr. Parker, was my diagnosis which not told to me on release, as well as, what was told to my mother.

Bipolar being the diagnosis, I tried to show her copies from my blog www.twistedpurplecow.blogspot.com which came to creation, from my anger at both you and Janet concurring against me from right across the street. You may or not be aware, but over the cellphone with my family in Arkansas, you've concurred with my mother against me as well; being all it took sending my life into a tail spin. It does not have to be intentional to fit the definition of "conspiracy.
"
Dr. Parker refused and began to get nervous, anxious, in a hurry to rush me out of the facility. Very calmly and professionally, I told her:

"Dr. Parker, hate to inform you; not only have you have failed in your responsibility to me as your patient, it's ..not.. bipolar if good reasons."

She could not even explain to me what happens when I start thinking ...clearer... on medication that takes months to see any results? How would we know when it's working? Not even what made her think I wasn't thinking .....clearly...now? Making it worth riskng serious effect associated with those medicines?

Last thing she said as she pushed me out the door:

"If you yell at your neighbors across the street again, you will be brought back here."

That was all I needed to know.

As my definition of "LIBERAL" is honest, fair, and reasonable; believe I have accumulated enough evidence to justify my end, the reason being:

Those with a surplus are better able to control their circumstances; those without are controlled by them. One is not always able to exercise good judgment.

"Those" and "them" being the day Janet started concurring with you against me, a simple honest man with a hearing impairment keeping distance between him and his dysfunctional family in Arkansas.

I'm getting ready to find a civil lawyer to represent me here in Atlanta; one in Arkansas representing both my financial interest here and there in Prescott.

There will be no more yelling and screaming. You will be amazed how much I've learned just living across the street from George Robert Gary, Thb. just know his wife; the resources available to him I did not. All I wanted that day I scared Janet was some grandfatherly advice at that time.

My problem being then: how does one go ask for help if not sure where to begin?

Wanted some advise on where to go; not able to understand some returns with personalized search engine on my computer as well as an opportunity/opening for a mid-life crisis career change.

James Edward Avery, DVM is not unemployed; just retired from clinical practice of veterinary medicine wanting into the political arena.

Until you two stop concurring against me and remove that restraining order; you are neither liberal or mature Christian inside or outside a church. I do understand conflict of interest, and why resistant to women as ordained ministers; do not have to respect yours, Emory University, even that of my family if not fair, reasonable with me.

Why can't Phil be a writer as well as a preacher, Bob?
Just call it fiction.

All he has to do is make sense.

Next move is your's and Janet.

Only then will I be able to forgive and forget.

Total Grace; not Christian Grace.


***



Subject: Men's Bible Study Group?
From: James Avery (jeaverydvm87@att.net)
To: jgary@LearnLink.Emory.Edu;
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 11:56 AM


Mrs. Gary,

I apologize for the stress I've put you through; but the truth.......I was thrown for a loop the way you started concurring with Dr. Gary after that Thanksgiving visit. From my perspective, Thanksgiving was just a coincidence. Since you felt the need to justify inviting someone into your home that made you uncomfortable even before I stepped foot in your home; want to remind you it was the Puritans who burned witches at the stakes also. That was neither clever or fair.

Yes. I do have a crystal meth addiction. To buy and sell crystal meth is illegal. To have a crystal meth addiction is not illegal. Addictions are very common in the gay community, especially with the men (sex, alcohol ,and....yes... recreational drugs of which crystal meth is just one of many). For some reason crystal meth has a different effect with me than most men. It is a speed only, which at first was not a problem, just a pick-me-up before going to work after a party weekend (Hotlanta, New Orleans Halloween, New Orleans Southern Decadence, Chicago International Men of Leather...queen in leather is still a queen/very miliary theme also......Birmingham Rites of Spring, Miami White Party, New York Black Party....leather again, San Francisco Folsom Street Fair, etc. etc. etc.). Eventually it got to where I couldn't go anywhere without it; chanced getting caught flying back to Arkansas for my two nieces weddings. Never drugged tested at work either which would have been a felony and lost of my license to practice. I can stop doing it, but crash for 2-3 weeks; then depression sets in not because of work but because no social network inside or outside of veterinary medicine there for me when I come off the drug. Don't let the illegal part confuse you. I've always had a colorful language within the gay community; which they didn't care much for either.

Too late fore me to try to start my own clinic staff with people of my choosing. I realized I had to do my own intervention. I was actually waiting for Dr. Gary that day. You said he would be there in an hour and that you two were equal head of household. It was apparent to me that Dr. Gary was only being civil to me because you opened the gate to our little neighborly chat. I knew you were a Christian wife; just didn't know if Dr. Gary was a good doctor or a bad doctor........think Dorothy.....lol. That;s why I went back to get the painting and the rubber duckies......so we could have more to talk about as I was waiting for either Rev Bob or Dr. Bob or just liberal Bob.

Right now.....Dr. Gary is the one I'm pissed off at.....not you...although it may not sound that way. Bob may not have realized....he concurred also with my mother against me over the cellphone. On one of my phone calls with my mother I ask, " Am I correct in believing you've spoken with Mrs. Gary?" My mother answered back almost excited," YES I HAVE! HIM TOO!" My mother said you had nothing but nice things to say about me; she thought Bob was a DICK. She took it like a compliment; yet she doesn't want her son to be gay still. Now I can't turn her off!

Is there a Men's Bible Study Group at Glenwood Memorial Church I could sit in on just to see what mature Methodist Men discuss. I do consider myself mature Methodist as far a Christians are concerned. I was born into a Methodist Church and without realizing it.....was calling myself atheist before I graduated Prescott High School. Brother Walthal didn't correct me...in fact he stumbled.... when I answered his question: "Why believe in God?" No wonder no one suggested I be baptised. Would you be upset if I attended a few Sunday sermons....I do have a suit?

Was okay with what the Baptist preacher said when he married my eldest niece to the baseball coach. Not sure what kind of preacher married the younger one to the campus policeman. Couldn't hear a word he said. He was cute though; seemed in a hurry to leave the wedding with his cute girlfriend also.


***

Subject: Jim's Nabors: To Dream the Impossible Dream
From: James Avery (jeaverydvm87@att.net)
To: jgary@LearnLink.Emory.Edu;
Cc: ggary@emory.edu;
Bcc:
Date: Wednesday, June 8, 2011 6:43 PM


Weiner draws no defense from Democrats | ajc.com


"Take your Bible in one hand and take your newspaper in the other, and read both. But interpret newspapers from your Bible.”

COVENANT CLASS

The Covenant Class, which meets in room 420, is composed of adult singles and couples and is led by Bob and Janet Gary. This is a group-centered experience in which members covenant to support each other’s journey toward mature faith as Christians. Confidentiality is maintained to facilitate personal sharing. All are welcome.

For more information, contact Bob and Janet at ggary@emory.edu.
I'm angry because of DADT: you guys (including my mother) are Masters at it.

In my book; that's a conspiracy.

Sincerely yours,

Simply Jim


***


Subject: Reconciliation: triangulation
From: James Avery (jeaverydvm87@att.net)
To: jgary@LearnLink.Emory.Edu;
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:07 PM


have not heard from you; so you may or may not have received my emails. Until I hear from you....I don't know what to do next. It makes a big difference.

Where women go wrong today:

making a big mistake believing men are gentlemen, even their own husbands and sons; rather than laws holding men back.

I'm on your side Mrs. Gary. And, we can't count on laws always being there to protect us.

Don't be like Angel Wise telling Senator Reid to, "man up."
Not wise one half of two taking advantage the upper hand; the other one able although not always...raising two objections.
I came up with that last one. Did it make sense? Just want someone to check my math.

Between me my bother and my sister....that makes me... zero,five, & seven.

I put some stuff in mailbox. Please take some time reviewing them. Maybe your son could be of some help. You once mentioned in an email me meeting him. I believe it's time. I need someone unbiased. I don't know who it is in your household....we are tip-toeing around. It is either your simpleness, Bob's pride, or your son like me.....between a rock and a hard place.

Maybe....if I could read some of your son's writings; that would help me a lot....just to know.... you and Bob.

Sincerely,

Jim Ed

***


Subject: Life is what it is.
From: James Avery (jeaverydvm87@att.net)
To: jgary@LearnLink.Emory.Edu;
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Saturday, June 4, 2011 5:55 PM



Mrs. Gary,

I'm sorry for any pain I've caused you. It was not my intention.
I am dying over here all alone. I'm am begging for your help.
But the bottom line: Impossible to explain the true nature of my problem to just you and/or Dr. Gary; with or without the son who's a preacher or the son who's a writer....maybe both.

"I'm not okay. You're not okay. And I know how to fix it."
I don't know who originally said that, but I'm quoting, someone quoting, Obama's Kansan mother.

So willing to start all over as if we never met:

All I really want: one more time with my mother at a theater, watching.... COAL MINER'S DAUGHTER.

Really, rather see AVATAR 3-D with her in the White House Theater (of course we would have to sneak in and out the back door); however Obama wants to do it, I'm cool. You would luv the whole story; but first I have to find a way... leapfrogged.... into the University and handcuffed to Jim Wagner...insisting he makes me stop crying. Why else would that Presbyterian be at Emory? I'm Methodist; and he's just an engineer!

If all else fails... having your yard workers in mind....be kinda funny you hollering, "RAPE! RAPE!", with me and Jim Wagner standing there. Again, it is not my intent to harm anyone; but I only know one way to explain my problem.....and it may sound confrontation/combative....but really I'm just a straight acting drama Queen.

Mrs. Gary,
how can I help you... help me... help all of God's little angels?

Sincerely,

James Edward "A" Solomon, Jr.

p.s. Have some books you might find interesting if not already read them. Be more than happy to loan them to you; but definitely want them back as they are part of my story. In the mean time, I've got to find a way to make a living outside of the veterinary clinical setting, before even having the nerves picking up another book.


***
Subject: Re: The Mayan Calender......
From: James Avery (jimedavery@att.net)
To: ggary@emory.edu;
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Monday, February 14, 2011 4:07 PM


And I have had no further contact with her. Just you man. Now chill big boy!
I do not let people even the likes of you talk down to me. I prefer the destructive criticism style prose works best for me with the likes of you who try to control the language. It's your style that creates the anger in others already there at the trigger point when you shut them down. To really understand the definition of evil, one has to be among them, as in their mother, son, father, daughter, their vet to really understand the disconnect of today. Or like me priviledge, but not privilege, perfect specimen but not perfect specimen, having grown up with the best mom in the world with the methodist church of prescott, ark. now a dying town, no peers I keep up with from my hometown, all the memory of me in that town now are with the little old ladies that voted me the DAR good citizen award and my poor mother my only contact in to my black hole who worried her son is going to die and she helpless to help me.
Because of Jesus she won't come here and I won't go there because the rest are nothing but stupid dumb country hicks who would never accept her son if they knew, as well as a Hillary girl who's son can't convince her, her only choices are: talk the church into letting me give an angry sermon Palm Sunday using my life story as the reason people leaving that town, that church nothing but a black hole people afraid of dying, why the Jesus they believe they are following is not the Jesus I know.
It turns out, although I did not hear the sermons, I did not stop learning once I left home. My dad grew up with that church and came back, me born in that town, January 14, 1962. I remember it well. All that ice and snow, and she took my brother to get a hair cut that day I was born, when actually born 1:10 A.M .
Funny....One day you're here: One day your're not.....Period! lol
Funny the maxism of Three Wise Monkeys with todays Intelligent Design debate. They need to be square dancing with the three wise men. Only then could one completely find the answer.....sorta. lol
Then their friction.....the big bang. Danger Anger yes! But then their is "Danger! Danger!" as in LOST IN SPACE. That's where Bubba comes in completing the picture, right after catching myself singing to myself Rudolf with your nose so bright realizing, being someone like me with a hearing impairment, the nose the center of my face.......probably appear nosey to other people not realizing I'm so lonely. Me queen of my household with two cats innocent as childrens, and your as head of your household a plant I gave Mrs. Gary also known as queen of the desert, that will scream my name once a year as if cursed.
Again FAT BOY, cool it.
Let's try this again this time with your son maybe or maybe not, should Mrs. Gary know, maybe or maybe not.
Bottom line, it's your house.
Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water. Looking down over my backyard from my house, I see child labor as the well should be down there. Then I turn around and with the help of a purple cow, a rhyme I know well, trinity like, my game....I see your house on the other side of the street looking down on me while further up the hill I see Children Hospital at Emory.
You not realize Jack and Jill can be all thing great and small as well. That's why I'm here I believe. To complete the picture, and your pride is fucking getting in the way!
I see god gene finding room for anger as well. Otherwise, you're pushing the trigger equally as well.
Einstein, figured that part out, remember?


From: "ggary@emory.edu" <ggary@emory.edu>
To: James Avery <jimedavery@att.net>
Cc: jgary@emory.edu
Sent: Mon, February 14, 2011 11:35:36 AM
Subject: Re: The Mayan Calender......

James,

I received your email.

A short time ago, I emailed you an agreement by which we would have further contact with you. You did not respond to those conditions. I assumed that you, therefore, did not want to have contact with us. You visited with Janet when I was not here for over an hour. She asked you to leave and you did not. The only way we will resume conversation with you is for you to agree to the boundaries Janet and I have set for you.

Bob Gary

Quoting James Avery <jimedavery@att.net>:

> As Einstein said, "Everything should be as simple as possible, but not simpler."
> I agree.
>
> He also said, "Once you can picture the universe as matter expanding into
> nothing that is something; wearing strips with plaid is nothing."
>
> Well he most certainly did; but just the looks of him shows, not easy getting
> there.
>
> Like he said, "Imagination is more important than knowledge; the important thing
> is not to stop questioning."
> That's the God gene.
>
> But... we all do that differently.
>
> His biggest regret is the Atomic Bomb; but used the Germans to justify.
>
> Also saying, "Don't know what the third world war will be fought with; but the
> fourth will be with rocks!"
>
> Don't know what it is you see as head of your household. But as head of my
> household living all alone with two cats; have never feared death, but worry for
> my cats as it usually me that has to reach out to people first. Nothing but too
> much time on my hands but read the news, then getting into politics once having
> the confidence, and most especially financial security that came after the death
> of Father; a hard working Republican who turn care of his children totally over
> to their Mother; me going out dancing that very night and none of us crying at
> the funeral.
>
>
> Which was all fair as he got out of us as he put into us.
>
> Don't know why I'm explaining myself you so wrap this up. It seems everyone's
> nervous about this Mayan calendar.
>
> Everyone else too busy to notice, or even care.......so wrapped up in only
> themselves or tight little worlds.
>
>
> But most of all, cannot figure out your household all! What about me threatens
> you? After all it was a member of your household that crossed over to my side
> of the street first! Normally I don't approach older people first; most
> certainly not that with a preacher as the man of the house. Then beginning to
> relax my guard after your Association with the Emory Campus, believing would
> give the conviction I consider against someone like me who uses a different
> language.
>
>
> Tell me mister, if not your house, then recommend me a church, or even another
> preacher who's a little stronger not to be so offended. That would be perfect
> for me, where I can discuss the Arts when I see pain, politics using
> colorful language against Christian showing condescension as that's usually the
> last chance if any at all for those lacking representation.
>
> Strange how I drive by Churches with signs out front , "The Truth will set you
> Free." Through my life learning, it's will kill you like it did Jesus.
> Then reading that email after deciding to use the story of my life as an
> example, that as a veterinarian hearing impaired, also extremely homosexual,
> but never a pig in the sense that straight men are with their wives; even
> homosexuals turning against me refusing to let them use me to justify. I've
> learned you don't have to experience being victimized to understand, but able
> to slip in and out of the night without being caught to fully appreciate as
> you get to know these people. I justify the right even to show anger however
> they please; just using the way your household shut the door on dialogue with
> me.
>
>
> Also remember, you left one very important detail out of what happened behind
> closed door to your black hole. The last thing discussed, your son having
> visited......preacher as well.....me too quick jumping to conclusion as I'm very
> well read combined with his mood as he sat on your front porch. Preacher
> continue to preach after losing their faith as it's all they know. I know,
> see it everywhere, even veterinary medicine as business before the patient;
> something I decided could no longer do. Seeing it not necessarily the
> veterinarian fault, maybe even that of a preacher as well; needing people to
> make offering to keep up expenses, or no one listening if making no difference.
>
>
> Maybe being too nice; polite; or like my mother when a bridge player
> injected....."oh he's a muslim." My mother refusing to budge that woman right
> then and there should have been countered. Imagine, had that been Hitler's
> wife!
>
> Tell Mrs. Gary, the only reason this email......January 14th during all that ice
> an snow, saw a white cat trying to cross over to your side of the street, one
> i've never seen. It made me think of my black cat, Peckerwood, I found on your
> side of the street, curled up as if asleep under a small emory hand towel. The
> man had rang my doorbell, but was gone before I was able to get to him. Had I
> caught him, I would have thanked him. Not so sure I would have done that
> living; this busy, busy world too busy to see the suffering like my sister ,
> animals in my mind just as innocent as children needing a home as well. When it
> comes to the nature of people these days, the only crusade I care is one
> including them or it's time for us to go. I believe I've found a common ground
> to maybe start a discussion. Maybe you knocking those two pig heads together,
> and marching them over here in my care for a day. Surely they can handle a
> kitten with a roar like that of Aslan.
>
>
> And I don't believe I had a chance to mention....one little red rubber ducky
> still wrapped in cellophane. It's not Pro-life if the mother no choice.
>
> Like C.J.Lewis tried to create Aslan as a fictional version of Jesus, one I
> already assume fictional to begin with; I've created a story of Mary only a
> women and Jesus only a man, the story with the two of them together having to
> paired to show the pain women suffer living in a man's world. It's a horrible
> story to those insisting him Messiah and her a virgin. If such an innocent
> child found a way to help ease his pain as he crossed over. Try picturing
> yourself a Muslim women like one of today, raped after having lost her husband
> at the hand of one of yours not maybe even one from my tribe.

***
Subject: Dialogue? Household to household or "LOOK WHO's TALKING!"
From: James Avery (jimedavery@att.net)
To: ggary@emory.edu; ggary@emory.edu;
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Tuesday, January 4, 2011 6:41 PM


We do not listen to religious talk from anyone, let alone invite
them into our home. We do not do that with you. We share our faith
with people who ask questions of us and our religious convictions. You
had no questions for Janet, only pressing her to agree with your
doctrine.
Dr. Gary,
Before you go missing the point offended by something I say or perfectly content with it remaining that way; being I done did; everything I say, do, even the words I choose, in simplest of term....... is a fact.
Fact number two. Willing to bet you thought something ....can we mutually agree....."that's just your opinion!".......after hearing fact number one.
Fact number three. See! Apocalyptic vision ain't so difficult after all, is it?
Fact number four, five, six, yaba daba do, .....WHATEVER!. I am hearing impaired; a fact that goes all the way back to the day my life began, whatever the fuck day that was!
Bottom line! Me trying to prove fact number is indeed a fact to YOU is simply not going to happen.
Now a little bit of testimonial as well as exercise in empathy for you. You have a clue what it's like being hearing impaired. Ever wonder what Christians look like from outside the box; maybe to someone like a neighbor across the street who isn't? If you never thought about it before, why not? If you have, why not let me hear how close you got to the truth I would be more than happy to listen as well as let you know where you went wrong.. Did you even take the time to read my Christmas cheer to you..plural!
"You get the god you have. Not the god you choose! Dialogue! Goddamn it! Dialogue!"
Well being hearing impaired, all by it's lonesome, is very isolating (been told Hellen Keller claimed it the most isolating); even for someone like me able to hear very well with certain conditions met. Conditions not difficult to meet at all. Like living in a tiny, tiny little desert surrounded all sides by an oasis full of all things good and evil. Well my life is a fact. My conclusion: people do not go looking for evil. They are left alone with it; with those too easily able avoiding temptation claiming credit for getting away unharmed. Or too busy having to much fun to care.
Now compare my language to your choice of words from YOUR last attempt at dialogue; from my perspective....gets to the root of all evil.
We do not listen to religious talk from anyone, let alone invite
them into our home. We do not do that with you. We share our faith
with people who ask questions of us and our religious convictions. You
had no questions for Janet, only pressing her to agree with your
doctrine.
You know it's even funny, can almost smell his last supper; Chick. No! Take that back! Definitely, beefy!
Bottom line. Life was never a choice. You either learn to like what you can get; the only other choice being, "Take it or leave it! Who cares!"
I can justify my words. But what's the point.
Dialogue useless when trumped by those claiming religious convictions.
Still remember the first day our dialogue started; Mrs. Gary running across to my side of the street all excited about selling your house for twice it's worth. When volunteering before even knowing you were Dr. Gary, although retired, once head of Theology Department at Emory; I was gay as well as atheist. Then Mrs Gary saying, "Oh we're not that kind of Christian!"
Me thinking as well as repeated to friends , "Cool! We're DEMOCRATS!"
Although much older than me, turns out my assumption you being head of Theology at Emory as well as not that kind of Christian, were wrong. Was wrong of me to see you as an intellectual first; a preacher able, not afraid, having his religious convictions questioned. Daniel from the Lion's Den you are not; so far anyway.
Bottom line. Whether you like it or not; your father is my father too; who, whatever he be! Still convinced, religion nothing but a big fuss over nothing; pure semantics. That no one is going anywhere without everybody! That is my theory of everything.
LIke to joke: if there is a God, end up meeting him at a gate somewhere, don't matter which one, this really being a joke about you anyway; pick one. And if there is a question; one I'm expected to answer! He better look an awful lot like VICK. Now that would be a fair fight! Why? Cause if I'm not still a LIBERAL; then that's not my soul up there...down there.....where EVER! Doesn't matter; JOkE still about you.
Bottom line: The best I can do; putting my best foot forward.
Now! Putting all that aside. I'm willing to keep trying. This will be my last attempt at dialogue. So sad the last one being over a painting about Adam and Eve wanting to discuss with someone knowledgable. Showing up with a basket full of rubber duckies as well. So excited, believing I had a Di Vinci moment. Even admitted I had an addiction; again wrongly assuming not afraid of the truth. No wonder the cops looked bewildered / confused that day they told me, "maybe better you just stay away." The truth, on my way to work that morning. Don't know why I wanted to check on you two; but glad I did. Wasn't to get the painting or rubber duckies back. Didn't even know they were on your front porch bench for me to retrieve. Don't get me wrong; not disagreeing with your perspective of the story.
Bottom line: I'm more than willing to accept blame. After all, it was me who misunderstood, casted aside common sense; too comfortable with an assumption since proven wrong; it was me who misunderstood the excitement that began with Mrs. Gary our very first day; the day she crossed over to my side of the street....... first.
Whether you are ashamed of yourself or not; now is not a good time to be an ELITIST. Enough of that between my mother and OBAMA. Anyway, not going to let you as will be posting this email on my blog. From now on , all dialogue, or lack thereof will be public record; evidence of just how well.....do....ALL GODS CHILDREN behave.
What you referred to as my doctrine, I prefer to call, "asking a favor or you."
My mother sent me a letter just before christmas, one I believe just as sad and full of suffering no less than with your idols, Madonna and Child. Would like you to read it. As my voice is that of a smoker, too angry to read without anger; all I'm asking us some help...cording of someone, anyone, Mrs. Gary maybe, reading that letter for me to post on my blog. A copy will be in your mailbox, along with my mother's name. She proved her conviction equal to your's. Has to let her go. I'm atheist, I see a mother and child; no more, no less. I'm also a bleeding heart liberal willing to put my whole story online for the world to see; trying to prove the root of all evil is how we justify censoring language. Fuck the Tower of Babylon; people too busy praying in temples still shaking, afraid of being attacked/losing election over cartoons equally as bad. Time to stop building walls, and swing open gates and however can't do that without naming all those who have touched, even scarred, my life.  

***
Subject: Dialogue? Household to household or "LOOK WHO's TALKING!"
From: James Avery (jimedavery@att.net)
To: ggary@emory.edu; ggary@emory.edu;
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Tuesday, January 4, 2011 4:56 PM


We do not listen to religious talk from anyone, let alone invite
them into our home. We do not do that with you. We share our faith
with people who ask questions of us and our religious convictions. You
had no questions for Janet, only pressing her to agree with your
doctrine.
Dr. Gary,
Before you go missing the point offended by something I say or perfectly content with it remaining that way; being I done did; everything I say, do, even the words I choose, in simplest of term....... is a fact.
Fact number two. Willing to bet you thought something ....can we mutually agree....."that's just your opinion!".......after hearing fact number one.
Fact number three. See! Apocalyptic vision ain't so difficult after all, is it?
Fact number four, five, six, yaba daba do, .....WHATEVER!. I am hearing impaired; a fact that goes all the way back to the day my life began, whatever the fuck day that was!
Bottom line! Me trying to prove fact number is indeed a fact to YOU is simply not going to happen.
Now a little bit of testimonial as well as exercise in empathy for you. You have a clue what it's like being hearing impaired. Ever wonder what Christians look like from outside the box; maybe to someone like a neighbor across the street who isn't? If you never thought about it before, why not? If you have, why not let me hear how close you got to the truth I would be more than happy to listen as well as let you know where you went wrong.. Did you even take the time to read my Christmas cheer to you..plural!
"You get the god you have. Not the god you choose! Dialogue! Goddamn it! Dialogue!"
Well being hearing impaired, all by it's lonesome, is very isolating (been told Hellen Keller claimed it the most isolating); even for someone like me able to hear very well with certain conditions met. Conditions not difficult to meet at all. Like living in a tiny, tiny little desert surrounded all sides by an oasis full of all things good and evil. Well my life is a fact. My conclusion: people do not go looking for evil. They are left alone with it; with those too easily able avoiding temptation claiming credit for getting away unharmed. Or too busy having to much fun to care.
Now compare my language to your choice of words from YOUR last attempt at dialogue; from my perspective....gets to the root of all evil.
We do not listen to religious talk from anyone, let alone invite
them into our home. We do not do that with you. We share our faith
with people who ask questions of us and our religious convictions. You
had no questions for Janet, only pressing her to agree with your
doctrine.
You know it's even funny, can almost smell his last supper; Chick. No! Take that back! Definitely, beefy!
Bottom line. Life was never a choice. You either learn to like what you can get; the only other choice being, "Take it or leave it! Who cares!"
I can justify my words. But what's the point.
Dialogue useless when trumped by those claiming religious convictions.
Still remember the first day our dialogue started; Mrs. Gary running across to my side of the street all excited about selling your house for twice it's worth. When volunteering before even knowing you were Dr. Gary, although retired, once head of Theology Department at Emory; I was gay as well as atheist. Then Mrs Gary saying, "Oh we're not that kind of Christian!"
Me thinking as well as repeated to friends , "Cool! We're DEMOCRATS!"
Although much older than me, turns out my assumption you being head of Theology at Emory as well as not that kind of Christian, was wrong. Was wrong of me to see you as an intellectual first; a preacher able, not afraid, having his religious convictions questioned. Daniel from the Lion's Den you are not; so far anyway.
Bottom line. Whether you like it or not; your father is my father too; who, whatever he be! Still convinced, religion nothing but a big fuss over nothing; pure semantics. That no one is going anywhere without everybody! That is my theory of everything.
LIke to joke: if there is a God, end up meeting him at a gate somewhere, don't matter which one, this really being a joke about you anyway; pick one. And there is a question; one I'm expected to answer! He better look an awful lot like VICK. Now that would be a fair fight! Why? Cause if I'm not still a LIBERAL; then that's not my soul up there...down there.....where EVER! JOkE is still about you.
Bottom line: The best I can do; putting my best foot forward.  
***

***

***
Subject: Re: Contact and Boundaries
From: James Avery (jimedavery@att.net)
To: ggary@emory.edu;
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Saturday, November 27, 2010 4:08 PM


I'm sorry for the pain I caused you. It was not my intention. I do not deny having personal problems. Was actually reaching out for some help.
Again, I apoligize for barging into your home and upsetting Janet. I do not own a gun or plan to.
jim ed
''The physicists say that I am a mathematician, and the mathematicians say that I am a physicist,'' he said. ''I am a completely isolated man and though everybody knows me, there are very few people who really know me.''



From: "ggary@emory.edu" <ggary@emory.edu>
To: jimedavery@att.net
Cc: "jgary@emory.edu" <jgary@emory.edu>
Sent: Sat, November 27, 2010 1:33:55 PM
Subject: Contact and Boundaries


Hello Jim Ed,
You must know that in the future, there will be clear boundaries for making contact with Janet and me, especially Janet. This is not to say there will be no further contacts with us, but it must be under a number of conditions.

Janet wanted to add her word before we set the conditions together. Here is her note to you:

Jim Ed,

I was more than a little disturbed by your visit on Wednesday. In the spirit of neighborliness and the Thanksgiving holiday coming up, I opened our house to you, even though I felt s bit uncomfortable doing so, especially in Bob?s absence.

We ironed out what you perceived to be a rejection on my part.

When you wanted to share the symbols that are meaningful to you, I was interested, although having a hard time ?getting it? in the way you told it to me. No input from me seemed to even get through to you, or matter at all.

I was very disturbed when you talked of your depression, thinking about getting your gun, and when you told me you are the ?Anti-Christ? and a ?crack-head? I began to be somewhat afraid of you and wished I had not opened my door to you.

When I told you I needed medications and even that didn?t stop your monologue, I said it again and began to leave the room. At that point you did thank me for listening and left, saying you would leave your stuff so you could come back. You either didn?t hear me or didn?t pay attention when I said, ?No, take them with you.?

Bob and I both feel we and our space were violated, and Bob has drawn up some conditions under which we may all co-exist as neighbors. I concur with what he has written below. Janet


The Conditions:
1. There can be no further non-negotiated visits on your part with either or both of us.
2. We are not available to participte in your theological doctrines
which you presented to Janet for more than one hour and fifteen minutes. You failed to leave our house until the second time Janet indicated she needed a break for medicines. You may not know that Janet has Parkinson's and extended stressful events activate her symptoms. Furthermore, Janet needed to take her
medicines and tried to bring your theological discourse to a close,
but you continued. Furthermore, you left your basket of possessions in
our house in order that you would have assurance of returning to our
house. That is far too presumptuous for us.
3. You do not have permission to enter our property or phone our house
unless you can abide by these limits.
4. We do not listen to religious talk from anyone, let alone invite
them into our home. We do not do that with you. We share our faith
with people who ask questions of us and our religious convictions. You
had no questions for Janet, only pressing her to agree with your
doctrine.

G. Robert Gary, Sr. ThD


***

Subject: Third Rock From the Sun, Pockets full of Rabies including TAg 10-13666, Break the wall .......
From: James Avery (jimedavery@att.net)
To: jgary@LearnLink.Emory.Edu;
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Sunday, November 21, 2010 12:38 AM


Don't have time to explain now, but you asked what I wanted from you. Nothing at the time. You even went over and beyond. Found you to be quite frigid.
But through a Rainbow Snake, I saw an angel in the Garden of Eden down under. Somehow, probably the God gene, Virgin Mary Has Sand In the Vagina, Socialist Sand Nigger has a Camel habit, and a little red rubber ducky with a potty mouth.
I see a way this can all be fun, but it's going to take 3 liberals to catch a blue dog licking his ball by surprise before Jan. 14, 2011. Did you know Einstein had a good friend with a name that sounded a lot like Google. Creepy! Till then I want to hold on to that red dress with purple spots as insurance.
How bout you, me, Dr. Gary thaw out over a beer. Not as crazy as it sounds. My dad was a real Doctor. We just have a failure to communicate. As well as Veterinary Medicine is just not the right place to be a liberal. But like Micheal Sandel said, "once thought....cannot be unthought again." And they will never forget the things i've said.
Either Jesus was just another liberal who figured out the riddle, or I'm Steve and Obama is Eve. All that matter, I can justify the actions of anyone, anytime, on this planet, past, present, and future, mine included.
The Truth is Stranger than fiction; fiction just has to make sense. The holy ghost is the God gene.
If not sure you can laugh with me without pissing me off, a secretary who knows shorthand and ASL but without a hearing impairment will do.
I gotta figure a way to turn this into a movie, book, ransom, or around. SOON!
btw
have a wonderful day
your neighbor
head of household across the street
James Edward Avery


***
Subject: Re: Your blog
From: Janet Gary (jgary@LearnLink.Emory.Edu)
To: jimedavery@att.net;
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Thursday, October 21, 2010 5:45 PM



James Avery <jimedavery@att.net> writes:


1) I can't answer the question you asked about God with "yes" or "no."

2) I suppose you know your yard and blog will either bring you negative response or no response at all, with the exception of your close friends.
3) What kind of response do you expect from me?
***
Subject: Re: Your blog
From: James Avery (jimedavery@att.net)
To: jgary@LearnLink.Emory.Edu;
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:57 PM



was not really expecting a response.
but it was nice of you to do so.
jim ed.



From: Janet Gary <jgary@LearnLink.Emory.Edu>
To: jimedavery@att.net
Sent: Thu, October 21, 2010 5:45:13 PM
Subject: Re: Your blog

James Avery <jimedavery@att.net> writes:
Barrel'>http://anattemptathumility.blogspot.com/2010/10/halloween-every-2-years.html">Barrel


1) I can't answer the question you asked about God with "yes" or "no."

2) I suppose you know your yard and blog will either bring you negative response or no response at all, with the exception of your close friends.
3) What kind of response do you expect from me?

***
Subject: Re: Your blog
From: James Avery (jimedavery@att.net)
To: jgary@LearnLink.Emory.Edu;
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Thursday, October 21, 2010 10:00 PM



after giving it more thought.
like to add:
"A truly virtuous man would come to the aid of a complete stranger equally as he would a "close friend."
Then again, a truly virtuous man would have no friends."
Not claiming to be anywhere close to virtuous; nor is my intent making friends.
"Doing the right thing for the wrong reason has no morale worth."
Negative response not always a bad thing. Where would Christians be without Jesus Cruxifixion.
Would call that a "negative response" to his message.
Truly, I have nothing against the man. Stripped of all the divinity stuff, nothing really unique about his teachings.



From: Janet Gary <jgary@LearnLink.Emory.Edu>
To: jimedavery@att.net
Sent: Thu, October 21, 2010 5:45:13 PM
Subject: Re: Your blog

James Avery <jimedavery@att.net> writes:
Barrel'>http://anattemptathumility.blogspot.com/2010/10/halloween-every-2-years.html">Barrel


1) I can't answer the question you asked about God with "yes" or "no."

2) I suppose you know your yard and blog will either bring you negative response or no response at all, with the exception of your close friends.
3) What kind of response do you expect from me?
***


Subject:Re: Your blog
From:James Avery (jimedavery@att.net)
To:jgary@LearnLink.Emory.Edu;
Date:Friday, October 22, 2010 4:24 PM 

"There is a need to maintain a kind of balance of intellectual power. If no atheist philosophers engaged with the issue of God's existence, then the field would be left to the believers. We would then have the impression that only the religious deal with these issues with intelligence and sophistication. That would give succour to the legions of believers who have no interest in theology, but like to know others are taking care of it for them. We need books like this, therefore, not to win the battle–-for it can't be won-–but simply to show the enemy isn't off the hook."
The word "enemy" bit strong of a word. I do not consider people of faith my enemy; nor do I believe it was "Muslim who killed us on 9/11," as O'Reilly said it on much talked about episode of The View.
From a homosexual's point of view, the Bible or the Quran, same as "six and half a dozen."
If right is right, and wrong is wrong; then anything not quite right nor completely wrong has to fall somewhere in between. Believe most would agree a non-believer, who's also a homosexual, automatically gets placed the closest to wrong. But where does one view themselves on that line in relation with people like Rev. Phelps, Bishop Long, Brother Ted? Oh what the hell; let's put The Cheney Family on there, as well?
The only way I can relate to this question is the fact, that out of three children, two sons who were hearing impaired that did not have a good relationship with, much respect for their father; the daughter, in every sense normal, who right up to his death, despite his seeming indifferent, wanted her father proud, always seeking his approval.
Probably should add, my brother , 5 years older than me, an alcoholic who until very recently, lived at home.
Yet in the end, in the Will, everything was split evenly three ways. And my sister gave him 2 granddaughters as well.
Whatever it was in the beginning.......it's neutral.
No one is going anywhere without anybody.
Simply Jim


***




From: Janet Gary <jgary@LearnLink.Emory.Edu>
To: jimedavery@att.net
Sent: Fri, October 22, 2010 4:50:16 AM
Subject: Re: Your blog


Confirmation or rebuttal is futile to one who asks for none.


***

***
Subject: Re:
From: Janet Gary (jgary@LearnLink.Emory.Edu)
To: jimedavery@att.net;
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Saturday, January 30, 2010 9:33 AM




Jim Ed, you honor me to share yourself and your writing in this way. I feel a bit daunted by your trust in me. We really don't know each other that well. Salty language doesn't bother me in the least. I'm sorry you are feeling depressed. I have experienced that a lot of my life, but am better thanks to some good meds and good therapy! I have learned to accept myself more, "fleas and all."


I have read your blogs and found them quite interesting, a bit diaturbing, and mysterious. At the risk of being one of those "fools (who) rush in where angels fear to tread" I am going to respond to several parts of your writing, blog by blog.


1) Barrell of Monkeys: "Genesis" in reverse"


I'm not sure I understand this one completely except maybe to say the humans can evolve in reverse as well as forward from our ape beginnings Just my humble opinion!


You gave an example of how painful it is to share yourself with people at work who don't share your political views. The question is, does it really change anyone's mind when people have such opposite views? Isn't there something in the Bible about not casting one's pearls among swine?


It has been my experience that some people can hear my deepest musings and others cannot. I try to be selective, but I often find my mouth preceding my head! That does not usually turn out well. Only when I find someone who is open to differences can I really hear and be heard.


2) Pale Blue Dot


Carl Sagan is a wise man.


3) An Innocence lost.


Is that culte little boy you?


We mothers have to be taught by our sons and daughters who they really are, since we often see our children as projections of ourselves and try to make them into who we wish we could be. This is not fair to either one. I am trying now to really show my grown children who I am and get to know who they really are. It is a daunting task, but very rewarding!


4) "H" is for.....


In the alphabet, G comes before H--


Gratitude
Goodness
Giving
Growing
GOD


...and F comes before G


Forgiving (oneself and others)


HUMILITY is, indeed hard to come by.



POSTNOTE:


It is my belief that although each of us is unique--different from anyone else in the world--we are, as human beings, more alike that different--we all bleed, cry, laugh, hate, love, and need other people to hear and understand us. It is my life-long mission to try to see myself and others as God the Creator intended us to be, to judge less and to love more. I fall short more than not, but maintain hope.


Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment